“Great night with Friends”

Ringside Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Ringside Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 4,276 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: NW 22nd
Transit: Walking distance from/to PGE Park MAX Station (renamed Jeld-Wen Field). Bus Routes: 15-Belmont/NW 23rd, 18-Hillside & 20-Burnside/Stark Tri-met Stop ID 747 at W Burnside & NW King in Portland Westbound. Tri-met Stop ID 749 W Burnside & SW 21st in Portland Eastbound
Portland Oregon
“Great night with Friends”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Went to this resturant two weeks ago with friends for their thirty year anniversary. It was a perfect time, food was wonderful and Scott who was our waiter went out of his way to make sure all was perfect. We had a set menu and it was really good and the portions plenty. Good selection of wine and cocktails, and lovely desserts a great night.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Portland, Oregon
“Very good food, excellent service, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Dinner reservations made for Friday, 5pm. We arrived and were met by the Valet who took charge of our car. We were seated immediately and our drink order taken. Be sure and have an order of their famous onion rings as an appetizer! After our dinner order was taken, we finished off our drinks and the onion rings just in time for the main courses ordered. Prime rib for me, seafood pasta for my wife and a rib steak for our friend. Plates were HOT so pay attention when they arrive! All our meals were very good, prepared as asked. As to pricing, this is an expensive restaurant. YOU make up your mind if it's worth it. For the three of us, the total came to $180.00 before tip. Although the food is very good, it's not what I would qualify as "excellent" and the price is on the steep side. Still, if you're looking for a good steak house and the price doesn't really matter, this is the place for you to go!

2 Thank OregonStrider
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Sinatra visits Portland”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great steak house with great food and service. Atmosphere makes think of the sort of place Hollywood stars used as hang outs in the 1940s and 1950s.

Visited November 2012
Portland, Oregon, Usa
“Special Event - Outstanding without that!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Ever want to feel very special and respected! Call here for reservations. Our menus were specially printed! Everyone was alerted, low keyed wished me a happy birthday. NOT ONE OF THOSE - everyone is staring - I'd like to disappear.
The food! I rarely overeat. Actually eating is not my 'thing'. I just wish they offered a smaller portion. I had to finish - left overs are not the same.
I so wanted their onion rings. I just couldn't - my husband would not eat. Their onion soup! Wow, best ever to this old lady! I know, why meal stuffed me.
I can't wait to try their lunch. My husband insists I try it. I have invited a friend.
I really think this will be worth it.

Toronto
“Formal prices, casual atmosphere”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We were seated almost 15 minutes after our reserved time so they gave us onion rings in consolation. Their appearance alone might give you a heart condition. But we threw caution to the winds and munched on them. Tasty, but not great. Add some of the orangey sauce.

RingSide is not an elegant spot, despite the $50 steaks. The majority of customers were wearing jeans, and some sported baseball caps. The waiters are in black tie, however.

We had the New York steaks. They were grilled exactly as requested, although with a slightly flat taste. Some well-made Béarnaise fixed that. We got good advice on a bottle of Oregon pinot noir from the wine steward—who commendably didn't urge on us the more expensive offerings. Our waiter was friendly and professional; just right, in fact.

This is certainly one of the best steakhouses in Portland, so think of it when you need steak. Wear your cowboy hat just for the fun of it.

3 Thank VRGFToronto