“The best Portland can offer”

Ringside Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Ringside Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 4,430 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: NW 22nd
Transit: Walking distance from/to PGE Park MAX Station (renamed Jeld-Wen Field). Bus Routes: 15-Belmont/NW 23rd, 18-Hillside & 20-Burnside/Stark Tri-met Stop ID 747 at W Burnside & NW King in Portland Westbound. Tri-met Stop ID 749 W Burnside & SW 21st in Portland Eastbound
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We actually walked out of another restuarant a couple blocksc away because the waiter was rude. That turned out to be lucky for us because we found Ringside..... this was the BEST steelhead I have ever had... EVER. And I used to do a show on hunting and fishing. Our waiter completely understood my palate for wine and designed a dinner for me around it. AND OMG the orange cardamon doughnuts.... right out of the fryer.... delicious... Can I give this 11 stars?????

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Our family has been coming to the Ringside Steakhouse in Portland off Burnside for 39 years. My last visit by myself just because I wanted a steak was truly a disppointment after having been spoiled for 39 years with incrediable service and food. Head waiter Frank is no longer on the staff and the replacements leave ALOT TO be DESIRED many shortfalls on the waiter, waitress end. The steak was not prepared medium rare, was more like medium raw and I had to ask 4 times to get condiments for my baked potato and this was AFTER the server suggested the various condiment items. Don't offer if you can't produce! I was exceptionally disappointed and left hungry! The remodel has been completed and looks nice. The Happy hour menu in the bar is fantastic and the Happy hour was packed! Elbow to Elbow. I mentioned my concerns to management and did recieve reinbursment in the way of a gift card but the impact was such that I have not even gone back! Don't know if I will. The service was cold by the waitress I had and then she suggested items and I agreed and then she never delivered them! I had to ask 4 times and the excuses she had were not valid because the place was not busy!! They still have the best onion rings and salad and they are open 7 days a week!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We hadn't been to the Uptown Ringside since their extensive remodel. But for our 39th anniversary we decided to return to one of our old favs. We were both pleased that despite adding a lot of interior room in the new back room and a full wine cellar under the parking lot the old interior we were used to had been fully restored to it's original beauty. The service was excellent as were the steaks, sides, and drinks. Once again the Uptown Ringside is on our top ten list!
My only sore spot is the parking is so limited that Valet is mandatory or you have to find a space on the street in a very tight parking area of Portland. I drive a Corvette and so I do not do valet as I worry just how my car will be handled. I was lucky to find a sport in a small lot right across the street.

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The Ringside on Burnside is our birthday and special event "Must Go" place. It is a Portland landmark. It is a old style classic steak house that is decorated in dark wood and the waiters wear tuxedos. A lot of the waiters have worked there for years even decades!
This is a very fine steakhouse... So be prepared to spend some money, but any good steakhouse is expensive. But unlike Ruth Chis etc... This is locally owned and not a chain. The menu is not just steaks.. They have a good variety of items on the menu. Their onion rings are a MUST and if your cholesterol and your waistline can take it... The fried chicken livers are "KillerGood"!! They have a very good deals on their "early bird specials" if you order before 6:00pm. The bar is small, dark but fully equipped with a outstanding wine list.
The ringside on Burnside is a must go place in Portland.
Enjoy, West-Morry

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

the steak bites are a must have, and the horseradish sauce should be sold by the gallons in grocery stores. when I'm in town my buddies and I always meet here, and it's always worth it. great service great food

Been to Ringside Steakhouse? Share your experiences!