“Just a Tip!”

Ringside Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Ringside Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 4,342 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: NW 22nd
Transit: Walking distance from/to PGE Park MAX Station (renamed Jeld-Wen Field). Bus Routes: 15-Belmont/NW 23rd, 18-Hillside & 20-Burnside/Stark Tri-met Stop ID 747 at W Burnside & NW King in Portland Westbound. Tri-met Stop ID 749 W Burnside & SW 21st in Portland Eastbound
Reno, Nevada
“Just a Tip!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is my second review simply to let those that are celebrating a special night to make SURE you let them know you would also like a special table.
For the past four years my husband and I drive down from Washington (about 150 miles) to celebrate our anniversary at The Ringside, and we have always had a great time until this year! We had a 5:30 reservation, hence the restaurant was empty and, to our horrors, they lead us to a center banquet table right in front of the kitchen door. (And they knew it was our anniversary!) Thank God my husband refused the table and they then gave us a table kind of tucked away in the corner (at least better than the kitchen door and sitting next to people on both sides - yikes). Those tables should be reserved for last resort and/or people that show up without a reservation - not returning guests with reservations for their anniversary!!!
The onion rings are still amazing, service good, steaks well-prepared, but our night never recovered. So IF, and that's a big if. we return we will make sure to be more specific than just letting them know that it is a special night. suggest you do the same :)

• Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Washington
“One of the most consistent steakhouses in the NW”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Excellent steaks! Yes, they are pricey, so it is a treat for us, but always worth it, in my opinion.

Visited October 2012
Missoula
“Mmm...delicious steak.”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Although I haven't been here for a long time, the food is wonderful and steak delicious. The atmosphere is classy but unpretentious; the food and service are impeccable.

The cuisine at Ringside is traditional but not boring and the restaurant has great specials for early diners (usually before 6 p.m.)...be sure to check these out before visiting.

• Visited December 2011
Portland, Oregon
“Fabulous Happy Hour in a town of great HH meals”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I'm reviewing the Happy Hour menu; haven't eaten in the restaurant...yet.

A friend and I enjoyed HH there last night--what a treat and what a value!!! We ordered the potato skins, steak bites and caesar salad, each of which was excellent. The prime rib sandwich, though, was a bust in that it was well done meat. The bar is cozy and there's a TV if you can't stand to miss football. Service was good. I hear that often there are lines to get in the door for the Sunday HH. (Sunday is the only time HH is in the early evening; otherwise it's after 9:30). We got there about 4:30 and found a table right away. Valet parking makes things even easier.

Oh yes, dessert (not HH special) is enough to bring me back no matter what the price.

• Visited November 2012
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Best place bar none”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is a Portland classic, the steak is awesome, the service is second to none. My Dad took me here for my 21st birthday, 20 years ago and I fell in love with the place and it has never let me down in all these years.

Visited June 2012