“This place is really good”

Red Onion Thai Cuisine
Ranked #214 of 4,863 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Reviewed June 21, 2017

Six of us went to dinner here and we all agreed that it was very good. We had the fresh rolls, fried rolls, sate, pad thai, pad see ew, curry noodles, red curry and lime beef salad. Everything we had ranged from good to really good, the portion sizes were huge and the service was attentive and friendly.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed May 18, 2017

We have eaten here many times. I like the menu. While I enjoy Thai food I often find the menus interchangable.
We like the crab friend rice- lots of crab on top of tasty friend rice. I love Duck Red curry and even make it myself. Their version has eggplant and lychees- very nice.
the boneless chicken wings are a nice appetizer you don't see most places.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed April 10, 2017

we ordered several dishes to take out for Friday dinner. I had a hard time making some of the choices, especially some of the house specialties. We landed on the volcano beef, pad thai and massaman curry (sp?). The volcano beef almost disappeared before I had a chance to get some. The massaman was succulent and flavorful. WIth a little rice, and those great noodles, it was a great dinner. It went on too. On the day after, we had curry w rice, and added our own roasted veggies. wonderful sauce!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed February 18, 2017 via mobile

Fast and efficient restaurant. Nice selection of Thai food served hot, fresh and fast. Prices are a bit high but the portions are good. Parking available on the street paid via a meter.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed January 28, 2017

What an amazingly good dinner. Showed up and there was a wait, so we were offered hot tea on a cold night. Enjoyed tom khan chicken and egg roll appetizers. When I thought of what seemed local to Oregon, thought salmon was the answer. So I ordered the wild sockeye salmon panang and gave my mouth a thrill, though not sure if my tummy was even happier.our waiter, David (who also gave us the tea), was an exceptional delight. Really made the evening enjoyable, as if the deliciousness wasn't enough. Only disappointment was we spent so long savoring every morsel that the kitchen closed before we could order dessert. If you're only here for a visit, this is seriously a do not miss stop (from a spoiled New York critic).

Date of visit: January 2017