“Best cocktails around, period!”
Review of Silk - CLOSED

Silk
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Pearl
orlando, florida
“Best cocktails around, period!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

To me, this restaurant was about the bar. The cocktails are simply some of the best I have ever had. Instead of a pre-mixed concoction, every one is hand made and absolutely out of this world. Incredible and the way that very few can make.

The food was a matter of differing opinions. Personally, I did not think it was great. My wife, on the other hand, thought it was. Whether that is a comment on marriage or the restaurant is another matter.

The service never failed and the overall experience was one that I would happily repeat.

• Visited December 2012

Portland, Oregon
“Beautiful Decor and Enticing Menu”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I spontaneously tried happy hour at Silk last month and had so much fun with our waiter and so enjoyed our extremely tasty and surprisingly substantial portions for our happy hour appetizers that we decided to take friends to dinner there last week. We had an early dinner and the service was great, the dinner was fabulous and our friends were extremely pleased that we introduced them to the tantalizing choices of tastes and aromas that Silk's menu offers! I highly recommend Silk if you enjoy asian style cuisine. The Pho Bo and Pho Ga.....especially on the happy hour menu is a meal in itself, surprisingly inexpensive, is extremely fresh and prepared to perfection.

• Visited December 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Better than okay, but not great”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Vietnamese food is a nice change of pace from Thai or Chinese. The food quality is good, though a bit oily. Do be aware that spicy means just that - I loved it, but my brother and sister-in-law were taken by surprise. Service is hit or miss - very friendly, but not necessarily consistent, hovering at one point, absent at another. Bottom line - if I were choosing, I'd pick other restaurants in the Pearl, but if someone said, "Let's meet here for dinner," I'd say, "Fine."

• Visited November 2012
Paris, France
“Nice atmosphere, so so food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went for lunch on suggestion of a local. Very nice space with tall ceilings and sleek decor. Staff friendly and service efficient. Food, unfortunately was just so so. But given the reasonable prices, cannot be too critical.

Would like to try again and see if there are other items on menu that might be better.

• Visited November 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Hit and Miss”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We've eaten here twice, within two weeks of each other. The first experience was great. The second experience was like we were at a different restaurant altogether. The inconsistency is with the service. Once, it was lightening fast and the server was on top of everything. The other time, it was like we didn't exist.

On a positive note, the food is very consistent.

We are a gluten-free family, and there are plenty of options. They even have a "cheat sheet" for the servers, where they can quickly review the details of each dish to make sure you don't have anything slip through.

• Visited September 2012