“Wonderful Fine Among the Bricks”
Review of Mint

Mint
Ranked #2,117 of 4,364 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2012

What a great place to enjoy well prepared and tasty foods as well as spledidly made drinks. Atmosphere was just great and we dine and drank at the bar. A true gem on the other side of the river.

There are newer reviews for Mint

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Okay this place has a happy hour like most in Portland and while this one is not especially cheap, it is very reasonable. They have the best martinis in the city, bar none. Very exotic combos and some of these are even offered during happy hour. My friends and I were so impressed that we went back 3 times while visiting. Food is also very good and while selections are limited, most can fill the bill. They have a nice patio and it is located right next door to a tavern that is supposedly haunted, so don't have too many martinis or you will likely see SPIRITS!

Reviewed March 1, 2011

I found this place by accident. I was just down the street taking a tour at Widmer getting ready to head up the street to another restaurant for dinner, but the other place didn't open until 5 pm. Mint 820 opened at 4 pm, so a friend and I stopped in for a drink and snack. They have a good happy hour drink and appetizer menu. We enjoyed our drinks at the bar. Delicious and large drinks. And an order of risotto balls which were kinda bland, but cheap. The vibe in the place is cool and worth checking out.

Reviewed January 31, 2010

Mint is located in Portland's Eliot Neighborhood, and has been around for almost 9 years. I love the decor and ambiance - it's cozy, sexy and very intimate. The food is delicious - fresh Northwest ingredients from local farms, and an interesting Mediterranean spin. But the best thing about Mint are the cocktails. Lucy's cocktails are the most unique, exquisite potions I've ever had. My favorites are the Mission Martini, made with fresh figs, the Hot and Spicy Martini made with Cilantro, and the Ruby Martini, made with beets. My goal for 2010 is to work my way through all Lucy's martinis and attend her cocktail classes. They have a good happy hour too, and the Cuban lamb burger is delish!

1  Thank nwmouse
Reviewed January 25, 2010

I went here for a surprise birthday party in January and it was incredible! The bar and restaurant are really modern and a bit small, which makes for an intimate gathering space. We sat in the downstairs area behind the bar, which gives you alot of privacy. The staff was awesome, the food was good (I had the chicken skewers with SPICY sauce, and an orange salad), and the cocktails were insane...like nothing I have ever heard of or tasted...great flavor combos. I can't recommend it enough for a great night out, and I can't wait to go back!