“one of the best”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have been going to this Café for decades, and it is always on my mind when I think of Portland. It is one of the City's best breakfasts. It is a little hard to find, a rather inconvenient location if you live on the West side, and the atmosphere is not elegant BUT IT IS DELICIOUS!!!
I consider Zell's to be a local treasure.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Sometimes the first visit to a restaurant is fabulous and the second.... not so much. Not so with Zell's! We recently paid our second visit here and found the food and the service to be as wonderful as the first time! Eggs Benedict to die for (I had the Florentine style again and my hubby the Baked Salmon Benedict) and yummy potatoes made for the perfect breakfast! We will definitely be making sure there are third, fourth, fifth ... visits in our future!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I enjoyed Zell's when I lived in Portland but I lived on the other side of town and did not go there much. Before leaving town during our vacation, I had to swing by.

As we seated ourselves at an open table, our menus were brought, along with water glasses, delicious buttery petite scones, and a divine home-made jam. We each ordered omelettes. Mine was avocado, tomato and bacon with dollop of dill laced sour cream. My husband's eggs were filled with wild salmon and gruyere. Scallions were to be included, but my husband asked for them to be held. Both were served with perfectly crispy, but tender home fries. The coffee was delicious (which is something becoming more rare) and my husband was delighted by a large selection of teas served in a press

For me the meal was a cut above typical breakfast fare. I've never heard such high praise from my husband. I hope we can spend more time in Portland. If we do, we surely will return to Zell's.

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We had the Eggs Benedict and the Rancheros Huevos with chorizo. The food was excellent and the service was great. We had a small wait around 10 am before we got in but it was worth it.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Local little restaurant with great service, unique food selections and very reasonable. The breakfast was very good and I would go back again next time in Portland.