“Flavorless Thai food”

Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The lunch at Beau Thai is $7.50 for a generous portion of food. The vegetables are not overcooked and the meat is tender. We asked for our food to be served family style so that we could taste each other's dishes. The ginger sauce was very mild and the peanut sauce tasted more like just peanut butter. I am use to having both sauces very spicy and flavorful. The sauces at Beau Thai were very flat and flavorless. "Nothing to write home about"! The waitress was very sweet and polite. The restuarant is pleasantly decorated and very clean.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We ate here last week, enjoyed finding bright, beautiful, flavorful Thai food! The selection is excellent including vegan. Level of spice goes from mild to fire food. All our selections were delicious. Basic wine/beer list. Very good service and the atmosphere is inviting. Street car about three blocks away. We'll be back on our next visit!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Authentic thai food. Very friendly. Some of the best thai food i've ever had. Totally recommend this. Its in a very nice neighborhood.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Pad thai was very good. Other dishes were OK, but I've had better Thai food elsewhere. Prices are reasonable and service was good.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My son and I love this restaurant. We've been going for about 6 years and it's one of our favorites. We are total peanut sauce addicts and Beau Thai has a wonderful peanut sauce chicken - which is exactly that: it's a giant bowl (literally one dish serves two), full of chicken swimming in peanut sauce, topped with peanuts. There is nothing better than that bowl.

I really love their crab wontons - almost every place where I've tried these, they come up these little flat triangles with a hint of crab inside. At Beau Thai they are STUFFED crab wontons-completely full of a yummy crab mix. My son doesn't love them only because they have peas inside. I love the peas.

The pad thai is good as well. It's not super greasy like you find at some other restaurants.

The staff is great, they remember us and are so kind. It's a killer place for group dinners as they have some wonderful long booths, good for six ppl I think, tucked away for privacy. I've brought a friend with a baby and they seated us in the non-carpeted area which made us feel less guilty about the baby making a mess.

Anytime I'm in the area, I pick up a to-go order to bring home. It's the best surprise when I come in the door with that peanut chicken.