“Put a smile on my face”

Neighborhood: Northwest District
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Put a smile on my face”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Exceeded expectations. $20 dor soup, salad, appetizer, entree, and dessert with tea. Food quality - wonderful. Atmosphere - i felt like I was in North Africa. Quantity - waay more than I needed. And , what interesting and unusual food! Can't wait to do it again. The service was excellent. Everyone here was having a good time; kneel on the cushions, eat with your hands, and have a blast.

• Visited June 2013
Mohamed I, Owner at Marrakesh Moroccan Restaurant, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thanks very much for your review and especially visiting with us! We are very glad you enjoyed yourself and loved the food and atmosphere. We hope to see you again soon. Cheers!

Salem, Oregon
“so much fun!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I can't wait to come back and bring the kids! Lots of vegetarian choices, belling dancing, lots of happy diners...it was a very nice experience.

Visited May 2013
Vancouver, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and atmosphere, poor seating”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Marrakesh is an outstanding restaurant. Impossible NOT to find something on the menu to your liking. The atmosphere seems authentic, nice belly dancing entertainment. BUT: if you are older or suffer from back or joint problems, you may not appreciate the low pouf/cushion style seating. Also: be aware that all,parking is on-street and you may have to walk a block.

• Visited May 2013
Vancouver, Washington
“My favorite restaurant in the world!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I discovered this place back in the early 90's when I lived in NW Portland. I have gone back for special occasions, dates, or whatever excuse that I could find whenever I had the chance. You really can't go wrong with an entrée selection. I have tried most of them. I usually go with one of the lamb dishes. The one with raisins is exceptional considering that I usually HATE raisins! Somehow they manage to make them palatable in that dish. I suggest making reservations early and to get there late enough in the evening for the belly dancers. That never gets old. I am trying to concoct an excuse right now to go.....

London, United Kingdom
“A MUST visit if you're in Portland!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Found this little gem on a review on Trip Advisor and boy oh boy it didn't disappoint. We went on a Tuesday night, didn't make a reservation, but they found a table for us.

$18 for a delicious 5 course meal. Absolute bargain. The protocol is to eat with your hands but they can provide cutlery. We opted for the hand option. Original, delicious food and cracking value, I can't recommend it enough. The waiter explained each course to us, answered questions and was very polite and helpful.

The decor is beautiful, we sat on cushions on the floor. From the outside it doesn't look like much, but opening the doors and the place welcomes you into the wondrous cave of delicious smells and a charming atmosphere. Just fab.

• Visited April 2013