“The best Seafood chowder in the rose city!”
Review of Pal's Shanty - CLOSED

Pal's Shanty
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I would advize everyone who hasnt been , to go ! I promise you will turn all your Friends on to this place! If you are on ehamony make them take you to Pal shantys. They will be inpressed. The wait staff is inpecable, please take me !

Reviewed November 12, 2010

My husband and I had been disappointed the last time we went to Pal's Shanty some months ago, but we thought we'd give it another try. The oysters were good and so was the soup. The nice old wood is still there, but the cozy ambiance has been destroyed with paint that's way too light and bright, and sterile "art" and lighting. However, by far the biggest turn-off is the unbelievably loud and offensive radio (!) station playing over the sound system (and I use the term lightly). No wonder we had no trouble finding a table!

It made us sad to see this neighborhood establishment in this state. Too bad. . .

1  Thank moxielou
Reviewed June 25, 2009

Great food and unbelievable quality of fresh dungeness crab and steamers. Good selection of ales.

Reviewed September 14, 2008

As long as you don't mind lingering smoke from decades of patrons, this place rocks.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 30, 2007

More of a bar than a restaurant.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook