“Wonderful Lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Boise, Idaho
“Wonderful Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I spent the Thanksgiving holiday in Portland with family. Weighing several options, we chose the Alameda Cafe. It was a cold and very rainy day in Portland and the Alameda Cafe hit the spot. I had a wonderful Alameda burger with cheddar cheese. It came with a choice of several items and I chose their bleu cheese bacon coleslaw which was really delicious! You know that it is going to be a good burger when they ask you how you would like your burger cooked. My daughter had the grilled arugula and goat cheese sandwich with the hand cut french fries. The fries were really good. I work for a potato company so I know a thing or two about fries and these were really well done. Overall it was a really nice lunch experience. Our waitress was attentive and efficient. The prices were quite reasonable for the quality of food that was served.

• Visited November 2012

Maricopa, Arizona
“Just What We Needed--A Great Lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

On our recent trip to my Wife's hometown, we had lunch at the Alameda Café on October 18, 2012. Having just gotten off the airplane, we needed some food!

The Alameda Café was sold and is under New management. Sometimes that's a bad thing but not for the Alameda Café! The food is better than before! Is that possible? I suggest that you try it ASAP.

My wife ordered the Veggie Melt with soup and coffee. I decided to try the Mushroom Swiss Burger which I like well done, along with fries and an ice tea. My wife reported her meal was great–second hand information. Here's my first hand report on my lunch–It was the BEST Burger that I ever had! The burger was hand formed, so it was not "tight" and arrived as ordered. The mushrooms and onions were covered with melted cheese–OMG! It was love at first bite and I am not kidding! The french fries were also cooked to perfection. So glad that we stopped here on our way to Cannon Beach. During our drive, I just remembered that great burger!

Before we left the Alameda Café, we spoke with the new owner. We told her how great the meal was as she wondered how we found her restaurant. My wife was born and raised in Portland, so that was our connection to the Alameda Café. During each visit home, we always stop in for a great meal. If you live or travel to this area, my all means do not pass this restaurant up! One big change that was made–they are now open for Dinner! Our total cost for lunch was $23.75 + tip. Very reasonable for a great lunch.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank PropellerJourney
BC
“Fabulous IPA, good food, reasonable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Have been to Portland twice these past few months, and both times visited Alameda brewpub. The menu had a very wide selection, food was good both times, prices were reasonable and service was friendly and efficient. However, the highlight was the Yellow Wolf IPA, a delicious Imperial IPA that is less than $2 per pint in house, which is a steal! This will definitely be a regular stop for me whenever I'm back in Portland.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank happywandererBC
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

Wonderful food. Probably my favorite big burger here (fried egg and all). Solid microbrew. I wish every city could have a corner pub as good as this place. Oh, do I miss Portland and it's great comglomerate of neighborhoods...

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Redlands, California
“Wonderful breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

This was such a pleasant cafe experience on our last trip to Portland that we just had to come back during our next trip! The food and the service were impeccable again! Consistently great - highly recommend this cafe when you are in Portland!