“La Buca, La Puka”

Ranked #1,846 of 4,320 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Italian
“La Buca, La Puka”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Sorry this place just needs to fire the chef. The food was just sad and overspiced; did not feel that it was authentic, more like someone tried to learn Italian food. The puttanesca was drowned in oregano & salt; the Alfredo con chicken was dry; and the four-cheese penne was overlclooked and oversauced, however the meatballs were spicy as advertised (!). Our server checked out mid-service (he was busy making himself & the kitchen drinks, which meant our plates were left unattended for a while & our chek was delayed). The gorgonzolla salad was a bit anticlimactic but as the meal wore on, we realized no glorious conclusion would ever occur. When we retuned the puttanesca the waiter offered to get us what we wanted instead; we ordered the polenta only to be told there was no more. Als

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank DanielLogan

Portland, Oregon
“Worst italian food in Portland!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Yuk yuk yuk is all we have to say about this place. Terrible food. Go to Roma's, Gilda's, Gino's, anywhere but here. Cheap food, really. You get what you pay for!!!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank BarefootBuddies
Clackamas Oregon
“Reasonable”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

La Buca is reasonable but not memorable. I don't mean memorable like the meal of a lifetime. I mean that I was there three weeks ago and my wife and I had to concentrate and reconstruct to remember enough for a review. The big salad to share-good. The salmon in cream vodka sauce not good. The pasta OK. The tiramisu very whipped creamy thing but with no hint of coffee liquer. The atmosphere a little too spare. Lots of restaurants up and down the street all of which would give you more to talk about than La Buca.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank JurgisRudkus
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“La Buca”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very well priced Italian food. There is outdoor seating in the summer, and you usually don't have to wait for a table,

Visited December 2012
San Jose, California
“Excellent linguini with salmon dinner”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I believe I had linguini with salmon in a vodka cream sauce. It was excellent and a bargain. Unfortunately, my experience is limited to that one meal, but I'll be sure to return on my next visit to Portland. Well recommended.

• Visited September 2012