“Fresh, flavorful, and quick dinners before or after the movie”
Review of La Buca

La Buca
Ranked #1,846 of 4,320 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Italian
Portland, Oregon
“Fresh, flavorful, and quick dinners before or after the movie”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We discovered La Buca while searching for a quick bite before our movie at the nearby Laurelhurst Theatre. What a treat, and never a disappointment. The pasta dishes are quick and delicious...the pancetta and funghi is superb, as is the pasta with pesto--so pungent and fresh, the basil must be growing in the back. I was delighted with the modest prices and quick service when we mentioned we needed to get to our movie. Simple, dependable, and good.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Mary H

“Delicious Italian food”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Surprisingly good Italian food. The salads and pasta were very tasty and fresh. Full of flavor! Perfect portions (not too much). Enjoyed our lunch seated outside on the sidewalk.

1 Thank ORmommy
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“good simple predictable Italian”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

i was looking for something that was easy to understand and digest. sometimes I get tired of all the trendy blending of food and just want a good meal. I got it. Nothing pretentious. Good food. Nice price. No reservations needed. No wait!!

Visited August 2012
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Excellent, inexpensive, and east-side art”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

La Buca is our east-side cognate to the Pearl's Daily Cafe.
The cuisine is Italian with excellent sandwiches (which I usually get), and they feature a local artist each month, well-composed and executed (even if I don't like the subject material, it's intriguing).

I've had an entree for dinner, and they certainly don't skimp on the ingredients (some places go heavy on the pasta). The service has been generally pleasant and attentive without being overbearing, although less than the warmly personal touch we get many places.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank norcekri
Portland, Oregon
“Good and inexpendsive”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I regularly take friends and family to this spot when they visit from out of town. I took my mom here when she visited from Texas. I live fairly close to La Buca and enjoy lunch there. This is a good restaurant serving good food which isn't expensive. Cheers.

• Visited March 2011