“Happy hour-yum”
Review of Seres Restaurant

Seres Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Seres Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #726 of 4,320 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Pearl
Cross street: 11th and Lovejoy
Description: Seres Restaurant, formally Sungari Pearl is located in the Pearl District and has been serving the greater Portland area since 2003. Seres Restaurant features a modern Chinese menu with emphasis on purity. In addition to using organic produce whenever possible, Seres' dishes feature local ingredients such as Oregon's Painted Hills Natural Beef, local produce and beancurd from Portland's own OTA Tofu Company. No MSG or artificial additives are added to our dishes. Essentially, you will still find every traditional long-loved Chinese food like fried rice, potstickers or Kung Pao chicken at Seres, however with a lightness and purity that are not only delicious but important.
Portland, Oregon
“Happy hour-yum”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

A friend and I met for a happy hour visit recently. I had not been to Seres. We had an excellent server in the bar area who reminded me that a professional server who knows what they are doing can make a dining experience wonderful. We each had the house white wine which was decent. enough that we both ordered a second glass. The hors d'oeuvres were pretty good and the price was reasonable. I was not impressed with the curried tofu. But the spring rolls were really good. My companion loved the shrimp dish from the happy hour menu. We tried several other plates and all were good. We had a good time. The service was excellent, prices decent and food mostly good. We will go back.

• Visited October 2013

Portland, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing happy hour!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Went to this restaurant recently, and found it to be one of the best Happy Hour menus I've ever seen. $3 draft beers, $6 wines, and great food priced in the $2, $3, $4, and $6 categories. I highly recommend this place!

• Visited September 2013
kshin, Owner at Seres Restaurant, responded to this review, April 10, 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this awesome review! It really does make a difference to us! I'm so sorry for the delayed response. We are just now learning how to do respond to reviews=/ We hope to have an opportunity to say a special thanks on your next visit to Seres.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very good Chinese”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We ordered take-out to eat at home, because of our confusing family schedules. We also had one member who is gluten intolerant. The menu had plenty of choices for him.
The food was much better than any we get in our home city on the East Coast. When we visit Portland again, we will definitely eat in this restaurant while we are there.

Visited August 2013
kshin, Owner at Seres Restaurant, responded to this review, April 10, 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this awesome review! It really does make a difference to us! I'm so sorry for the delayed response. We are just now learning how to do respond to reviews=/ We hope to have an opportunity to say a special thanks on your next visit to Portland and to Seres.
“Overpriced”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Grabbed takeout from here, noodles, spring rolls and broccoli. The noodles were good, the rolls were greasy and the broccoli was simply steamed, yet cost a ridiculous amount. For the amount I would have expected some additional ingredients to improve the broccoli.

Expensive.

• Visited July 2013
Salem, Oregon
“Will only go back for happy hour”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Our party of four dined at Seres on Feb 9, 2013. Everyone enjoyed there meal me except me. My curry noodles with shrimp and scallops were terrible. All noodles, strong curry, I did not find one scallop and I requested vegetables from the waiter and he said that this dish had a lot of veggies. So disappointing for the price. IF we return, it will be for happy hour when the prices are reasonable.

• Visited February 2013
Emily P, Public Relations Manager at Seres Restaurant, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your patronage and your feedback, we are so sorry to hear you did not enjoy your meal, and would love to have you back for our happy hour.