“Delicious ORGANIC (Gluten Free Menu Available) Chinese Food”
Review of Seres Restaurant

Seres Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Seres Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #529 of 4,491 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Pearl
Cross street: 11th and Lovejoy
Description: Seres Restaurant, formally Sungari Pearl is located in the Pearl District and has been serving the greater Portland area since 2003. Seres Restaurant features a modern Chinese menu with emphasis on purity. In addition to using organic produce whenever possible, Seres' dishes feature local ingredients such as Oregon's Painted Hills Natural Beef, local produce and beancurd from Portland's own OTA Tofu Company. No MSG or artificial additives are added to our dishes. Essentially, you will still find every traditional long-loved Chinese food like fried rice, potstickers or Kung Pao chicken at Seres, however with a lightness and purity that are not only delicious but important.
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Authentic, delicious, organic chinese restaurant in the Pearl district. Great atmosphere and decor. They also offer a GLUTEN FREE menu.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

I recently went there for a friend's celebration. The staff was helpful and friendly when it came to ordering a variety of different foods that we all could share. A couple of people needed gluten-free options and were easily accommodated. I wish our group would have been bigger to try even more dishes from the menu. I live in Tualatin and don't go downtown too often but when I do, it's definitely one of the places I try to stop at. Try the strings beans and sesame beef.

Reviewed October 5, 2011

seres is a super clean and modern Chinese Restaurant located in the Pearl, a trendy area. It is fun to shop and eat in this locale. It is right on the street car line which makes it an easy ten minute ride or less trip from downtown Portland - although the walk is lovely. They serve organic food that is extremely flavorful. They offer vegan dishes as well as more mainstream Chinese and Fish that is fresh. I probably had the best "hot and sour" soup ever, the calamari is fabulous and my husband loved the tang tang noodles. Full bar. It is a quiet place, however they have tables by the bar which singles/strangers join in lively chat.

1  Thank bitler
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We tried this restaurant based on TA reviews, and we are truly disappointed. I am not sure if they’ve
used organic ingredients as advertised, but for sure they used MSG. We felt quite thirsty after the
meal although our dishes were not particularly salty. We ordered broccoli with beef, and chicken with
cashew nuts. Both dishes tasted very ordinary (my mom can cook better Chinese dishes), and the
presentation was not great (for this price range) -- the side of the dish was splattered with extra sauce.
The hot & sour soup was very bland, and I had higher expectation since they claim to be specialized in
Szechuan food.

To add to our disappointment, we were charged $4 for a pot of tea. This was not listed in their drink
menu, and if they want to charge for tea (equivalent to charging for water in a western restaurant),
they should provide a choice of tea with better quality. The tea they served us is the same you get from
hong kong styled cafe (which every patron will have for free). When we asked our server why we were
charged, she said it’s their policy to charge for tea although it’s NOT indicated in their menus.

The restaurant closes at 10pm, and we were the last table to leave (around 9:45pm). The chef and
servers were already enjoying their dinner. Of course there was no service and we practically had
to bring the bill to them. This is very poor service and not what you will normally encounter in a so-
called “fancy” Chinese restaurant.

It doesn’t matter how nice the decor is, we will not return.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

We just went there based on trip advisor rating and it was good but not great. the food was kinda bland and without flair at all. I could have gotten the same at a panda express drive in. The place was nice though. quite fancy for chinese. I would have rather had better food and less decor...you pay for the decor not the food.
doubt I will ever go back.