“Need a special place to celebrate? Make it Ruth's Chris!!!!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 4,249 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Taylor Street
Portland, Oregon
“Need a special place to celebrate? Make it Ruth's Chris!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Whenever my family wants to celebrate any occasion or simply have a special dinner, we make it Ruth's Chris. Every item on the menu is simply fantastic. Everyone in the family has their personal favorites. I personally love the onion and tomato salad (with fresh cut onions), the ribeye simply melts in your mouth, just thinking of a ribeye steak sizzling on the plate in front of me gets the juices going. If I have room for dessert, I make it the Ruth Chris Bread Pudding. They have other steaks available, and fish on the menu, a bunch of other salads and desserts. Just count on leaving full. I have gone to Ruth Chris for years and have never, I mean never, been disappointed. Enjoy, I know you will.

• Visited February 2013

Vancouver, Washington
“Very good steaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

The filet mignon was very good, the service was excellent, and the ambiance was very nice. I do wish that the dinners were not completely a la carte. For the prices that they charge for steaks and chops, I would prefer not to have to pay for a vegetable/potato. Other than that, very nice restaurant.

Visited May 2012
Edmonton
“The steak is always good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

As you would expect, they make a nice steak but I have had better elsewhere. Overall, this place is very expensive and the portions are huge. Unless you are a big eater there are better places to have a steak

Visited April 2013
Vancouver, Washington
“Wonderful date night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were given a gift card for Christmas and we finally decided to use it on Saturday night. I called for a reservation and we were given a 7:15 sitting. Parking can be at a premium in Portland but we used a nearby garage for $7 and walked a couple of blocks. RC offers valet parking for $9, which is not bad.
Hubby ordered the 16 oz ribeye special ($56) which came with a side big enough to share, salad and dessert. He couldn't even finish his steak which was cooked perfectly and super tender. I ordered the filet with seafood trio ($52) of a scallop, lobster tail and two prawns. Let me tell you folks, it was fork tender and delicious. The scallop was soooo good. I ordered green beans($9.50) as a separate side along with the mushrooms that came with my meal. Oh my! We could not eat it all and have a lunch for tomorrow. The dessert was a decadent cheesecake and chocolate truffles which we saved for tomorrow. I wanted to add that our food was piping hot and perfectly cooked to order ( and that's hard to do on medium-well.)

Our check was $132, which is spendy, but we were so pleased with the attentiveness of our server, Brandi and other staff as well as the quality of the food. Not for every day but fantastic date night!!

• Visited April 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Special night out place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Food was excellent. Service was too. Only complaint was our drink order. Husband wanted to try a new gin but instead of telling him what they had when waitress asked the bartender, they just made it. Not a big deal but he wanted to decide about what the choices were. Cheesecake was amazing but make sure you split it. It is quite big! Coffee was a bit burnt tasting. But still the wait staff knows your last name and manager comes to each table throughout the night. Some tables he stood and talked with guests for awhile, almost like he knew them. Very personable. A good place for a special evening.