“Dependable service and quality food.”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #112 of 4,252 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Taylor Street
Portland, Oregon
“Dependable service and quality food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I went there over the holidays with some friends.

Great service and the food was delicious--as always. It really doesn't matter if you order steak--which they are well known for-- seafood, or chicken, the food is very tasty.

We always enjoy this place in downtown Portland.

Visited December 2012

Portland, Oregon, United States
“Birthday day wishes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I just had dinner this past Saturday at Ruth's Chris Steak House, and as always it was another memorable time. We were greeted with big smiles and promptly shown to our table, where I find it was decorated for my birthday. A very nice touch. The wait staff greeted us and wish me a happy birthday. I always like the attention to detail that Ruth's Chris prides themselves on.
As always another great dinner, the filet was cooked to perfection as was the shrimp. I normally do not do desserts after big meals but was surprised again with a birthday plate of cake, candles, and ice cream- it reminded me so much of my childhood birthdays.
Great time again, kudos to the staff of Ruth's Chris Steak House.

• Visited December 2012
kiryat Tivon, Israel
“Worth visiting for the steaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I like this location better than the previous location at Portland. Convenient and good atmosphere. The steaks were just great - both the rib eye and the fillet mignon, with generous quantity (too much) of butter, cooked very accurately. Side dishes OK. Service so-so - friendly but not professional.

• Visited November 2012
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Ruth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Everytime I go here i feel like im having an affair with my husband because their meat is so fat, juicy, and pleasreuable in my mouth.

Visited November 2012
“Great Steak.. Bad Waiter..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

We all know RC is way over priced but we go for a world class steak and maybe to see a Portland Blazer or 2.. Well this time I have to say I was very unhappy with the service..

Our waiter kept us sitting for 12 minutes while he chatted family recipes with the group behind us. Then my wife asked him 4 times for more water and 4 times he came back empty handed and appalogized for it. Finally his helper brought us some.

Next he brought us the wrong bill followed by a free birthday desert that we had already told him we didn't want as neither of us like what they were giving and simply asked for a single scoop of ice cream instead but he said they couldn't do that..

Really?? We dropped $250 dollars for a couple of steaks and 5 or 6 cocktails and you can't find a way to give my wife a scoop of ice cream?

So dissapointed;-(