“Could not stay away.....”
Review of Bijou Cafe

Bijou Cafe
Ranked #67 of 4,630 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Known for our breakfast/brunch offerings for 40 years, we bring our special touch to the amazing local ingredients of the Pacific Northwest. We also offer local beers, wines and full bar service. We hope you will join us sometime soon!
Reviewed September 26, 2015

On a recent trip to Portland, we had breakfast one morning and were blown away. Wonderful food and atmosphere. Next morning after much deliberation, we just had to return forgoing all the other choices in the area. I had the Special German Apple pancake... So good. Service was very good and friendly. Even took time to give us some tourist tips as we headed east to explore the Columbia River Gorge.

Reviewed September 23, 2015

You have lots of choices for meals in Portland so let this be one of them.
I went on a busy Friday morning but the wait was only a few minutes.
I had the dish with eggs, cauliflower, kale, etc (forgot what it was called) and my friends had a omelet and the fried chicken over pancakes. All our meals were really good. But it was our waitress that made it memorable (I can't recall her name now but she was wearing a leather apron with a utility knife on the belt). We were first time visitors to Portland and she chatted a lot with us about things to do, interesting sights, general interesting life discussions. And we had an active baby with us that she also charmed. I'll go back next time I'm in Portland.

Reviewed September 20, 2015

Though this was a late lunch, 2PM, we were surprised at the lack of attention to food detail. When ordering a burger, I asked if it came with fries or salad. I was told "No," but I could order a side salad. The side came but it had chunks of brown lettuce. When I pointed this out to the waitress, she took it back and brought a second one. It also had chunks of brown lettuce. That waitress did not come back. A second person came to clear dishes, as I was still eating the burger and I mentioned the two salads to her she offered no comment. Also, our empty water glasses were not refilled. Who checks the salads? How long were they in the chiller?

Reviewed September 16, 2015 via mobile

Great service from walking in to walking out, awesome mushroom omelette, best breakfast potatoes I've had in awhile, baguette bread with yummy preserves, and good coffee, reasonably priced. So glad I happened upon this place today!

Reviewed September 11, 2015 via mobile

Consistent food, service and close proximity parking - you do not hear those three in the same description in Portland often! Bijou only has one flaw - they do not have paper cups for coffee
Personal preference since regular cups cool off the coffee too fast.
The service was fast and friendly, the food is very good and consistent. Varied menu with something for everyone. If you are a person who wants a good old eggs and bacon meal this is the place.
If you are a visitor the people watching inside and out is the best. From the bike couriers getting their morning Java next door at another fabulous spot Stumptown coffee to the business meetings inside it is the best.