“Efficient, friendly!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Known for our breakfast/brunch offerings for 40 years, we bring our special touch to the amazing local ingredients of the Pacific Northwest. We also offer local beers, wines and full bar service. We hope you will join us sometime soon!
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stopped in for Breakfast on a Saturday morning - and even though it was very busy and there werea lot of people waiting to be seated, one of the owners who was seating people was very friendly, organized and the whole process went very smoothly. I could tell that they really cared about making sure the customers didn't have to wait a second longer than they needed to, while at the same time, all the seated customers who were eating didn't feel rushed. It is a very well-run restaurant, with a good variety of interesting, tastey meals. They offer healthy, gluten-free meals, and everything they make is of the highest quality. On the weekends, they have top-notch jazz in the evenings. I would highly recomment the Bijou for breakfast, lunch or dinner!

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We got a later start than we had anticipated. Every breakfast place had a wait. One had a wait to even get our name on the list. At least the Bijou's wait was shorter. The woman maître d' was fierce--don't try to look at the list on your own. Thank goodness I didn't but I saw another guy verbally bashed who tried. The server was quite a bit nicer. He was prompt and kept our coffee filled. The food was good and the portions large. There are lots of choices for breakfast in Portland, so although I feel positive about the Bijou, I'll probably start earlier and try someplace else next time.

1  Thank Droplet1927
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Tried to recapture a memory with my wife. Bijou was our Sunday Place After Church A 10 run. Food always pleased. Waiting was always a problem, but food made it worth the wait. Did not have to wait, but from there on service did not exist. The good biscuits and gravy were terrible. I'm from West Virginia, gravy is not that difficult. Given a choice, Shari's has my vote over Bijou.

1  Thank Charles W
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Breakfast at the Bijou was our first meal in Portland during our recent weekend visit. We both ordered omelettes and thought they were the best we've ever experienced. The ingredients were fresh and the blend of flavors woke us up in the most pleasant way! Our server, Eve was friendly, witty and engaging. The atmosphere and location are nothing special but if you enjoy breakfast as much as we do, you will not be disappointed with Bijou Cafe!

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

The worst resturant experience in my life. Period.
Erogant, misleading host. I'll give them an Avg for food, but never served after over an hour to get seated after being told 15 minutes. When we inquired, asshost to argued that we hadn't been there that long, really?
Once seated, and waiting another 8 minutes without a server, our time ran out and had to leave. Contacted the manager only to be told that it "didn't happen". (Think she sleeps with the host....,)
Will never return and should be reported to city health department due to their oversight habits.

3  Thank ResturantJake