“A breakfast treat”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Known for our breakfast/lbrunch offerings for 36 years, Bijou cafe now serves dinner Thursday, Friday & Saturday evenings. We bring our special touch to the amazing local ingredients of the Pacific Northwest. We also offer local beers, wines and full bar service. Many evenings feature live jazz with local musicians. We hope you will join us sometime soon.
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Our local friend recommended this place for breakfast, and his suggestion was spot on. Great service, great selection, and delicious food. If you go, try the French toast with marionberry syrup - to die for!

There are newer reviews for Bijou Cafe

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stopped by based on previous TA reviews and I was not disappointed! I had one of the specials, fried chicken with pancakes with a red pepper jam. It was delicious and filling.1chicken breast and 2 pancakes. Didn't want to get stuffed. Perfect size portion. I highly recommend this place for a nice breakfast. Service was fast and professional!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Had a terrific breakfast. My husband had an omelet which he said was very good and and I had the two eggs and sausage. The omelets are prepared French style which means soft in the middle, I personally prefer my eggs prepared this way but if you don't be sure to let your server know. The only downside to the food was the coffee. I am pretty fussy about a good cup of coffee. The coffee was a little to diner like for me. With all the good roasters in Portland, I think they could improve in this area. Aside from the coffee, I gave it four out of five for the service. The waitstaff seemed a little unorganized and given the number of them not very attentive.

1  Thank Nadine H
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had a little bit of a wait, but were seated fairly quickly for a group of 7. I was a little hesitant about the farmers french omelette because in the past any french omelette I've had was a fluffy rolled egg with little fillings. This omelette, however, was stuffed with caramalized onions, crisp bacon, potatoes and cheese. It was excellent. The potatoes served on the side were cold and bland. The brioche french toast was over soaked and soggy. Coffee and muffins were very good.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Upscale coffee shop with just the right amount of hometown flare. And a piano in the corner for the jazz evenings on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings.

Our first experience eating farm to table. We were NOT disappointed. Loved what we ordered -
Olympic provisions breakfast sausage and eggs
Mushroom and bravo cheddar with local mushrooms

A must go to restaurant for any visitor or local !