“Pretty good”

Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I really enjoyed the Thai food at Baan-Thai. I have lived in Thailand for the last three years, and so far, this is the closest to authentic Thai food I have had in the Portland area. I got pad ka prau gai, and though it was a little bit different than what I was used to, it was still delicious. The only thing I will say is that, if you like spicy food, get extra spicy. I got regular spicy, and it was a lot more mild than I am used to. Food and drinks were prepared quickly and fresh. We had two different servers, and both were very kind and helpful. I will definitely go back.

Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

When you visit here plan to throw out the rule of waiting for everyone to be served before anyone eats... otherwise, many of you will have cold food!

Food is very authentic, menu is extensive, prices are reasonable and location is convenient. Unfortunately, the service is painfully slow.

We had a large group and planned a large block of time for eating prior to seeing a play. Yet, even though the dining room was not too busy, each round of service was excruciatingly long.

Go here for an authentic experience... But not if you have less than two hours to spend.

BIZARRE: we had 10 people but the restraint policy is to only allow two CC per group. We had to pool cash to meet their rules.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I usually like relatively spicy food, but, when I ordered Panang curry here and asked for medium, I was told they use real Thai spices and it may be hotter than I am used to, so, I went for mild....good choice. It was perfectly spiced, just the right amount of heat so the flavors came through very nicely. Delicious and reasonably priced.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

The concierge at my hotel recommended Baan-Thai. I went there for at early (5 pm) dinner on Sept 16, 2013. When I go earlier and/or am eating alone, I often find that I am ignored. Not the case at Baan-Thai. The service was immpecable. I was checked on, but didn't feel they were hovering over me. The waitress was very knowledgeable about the spiceness of the curry and was able to describe it in such a way that I was able to order the perfect yellow curry. And the yellow curry was the best I had ever had. The Thai ice tea was also very good in that it wasn't overly sweet or cloying. If you are looking to support local businesses with a great product, this is the place to eat. Not too fancy, very clean and comfortable.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Whenever I go to Portland I always eat there! Its so good!! Be careful it can be spicy but the everything tastes so good!
You can also pick it up.

I recommend!

Been to Baan-Thai? Share your experiences!