“Wonderful meal”
Review of Serratto

Serratto
Reserve with OpenTable
Serratto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 4,592 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Cross street: NW 21st Ave & NW Kearney St
Transit: Portland Streetcar (NW 21st and Lovejoy) heading East toward Pearl District/Downtown/Waterfront
Reviewed September 22, 2013

All courses of our meal were very good. Our main courses of bouillabaisse for my wife and osso buco for me were superb.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

With no plan other than to pick from the host of al fresco restaurants up 21st, we entered Serratto and got a nice table by the window. The menu looked great, and I first thought I would have trouble narrowing down the appealing entrees. That’s when my wife and I both realized that the Mexican breakfast that we ate nine hours earlier still hadn’t budged. We decided to split an appetizer, salad and main, though we weren’t quite sure how the restaurant felt about splitting orders. Not only was it no problem to the restaurant, but the kitchen actually split the salad and main onto two dishes for us. As a starter, we got the Margherita pizza and it wasn’t very good. The crust was too thick, the cheese was too American, and it took quite a while to arrive. Everything after that was fine. The beet salad with chevre hit all the right points, and the halibut was nicely seared on the outside, firm in the middle and served in a tasty sauce. To our surprise, the waiter comped us the pizza due to the long wait. The service was very competent, though maybe a little slow. Our waiter seemed like he had way more tables than he should have. But we weren’t in any hurry and it’s nice to actually talk with one’s wife in a romantic restaurant over candle light. I consider it good fortune that we selected Serratto from all our options.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

What I liked was that you could order a small or large portion of pasta. I had the goat cheese stuffed ravioli in a tomato sauce - very little goat cheese unfortunately - a lot of tomato sauce. The beet salad with pears was excellent - $8.00. The Salad Caprese was a very steep $12.00. Wine was $11 a glass. Too much.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Maybe no one wanted to work the day I had dinner here. That's how it felt: they all wanted out. Unseasoned calamari, "ragu" is a sauce, not chunks of meat in tepid noodles, sent back.
And what about 4 smallish overcooked scallops for $25. Outrageous. Never will I be back th this pretentious farce of a restaurant. Don't bother to go.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great night and great service at the end of our short vacation from SF. Dawn was lovely, everyone is laid back and professional. The Lamb is to die for and the wine list is just the right balance of choice - lots of options, but no too much to take in. They can also do some of their by the glass options for bottle prices - don't be afraid to ask!