“Best restaurant food I've had in YEARS!”
Review of Serratto

Serratto
Reserve with OpenTable
Serratto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #93 of 4,419 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Cross street: NW 21st Ave & NW Kearney St
Transit: Portland Streetcar (NW 21st and Lovejoy) heading East toward Pearl District/Downtown/Waterfront
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We had dinner at Serratto last night and the memory of the fabulous food still lingers. I just returned from 24 days in Italy and if the food in Italy was as good as Serratto I would definitely have had a better time on my vacation.
I don't know if I'd say this restaurant is Italian - although there are several pasta dishes, the main courses don't scream "Italian". Our group had seared sea scallops with French green lentils, Bouillabaisse, grilled quail on a bed of apples and butternut squash, and Dungeness crab ravioli. We started with Caesar Salad (an American invention, BTW) French onion soup, and calamari. Everything was delicious and I'd highly recommend it, except for the calamari, which were pretty rubbery and bland, and, though I didn't try them, I heard the ravioli were also pretty bland.
My favorite dishes were the quail (yes, it's small, but have you ever seen a quail? they are tiny birds!) - it was boned and grilled perfectly, and the bed of roasted apples, squash, and curly endive was extraordinary; and the Bouillabaisse - an outstanding broth flavored with toasted fennel seed, shaved fennel bulb, and saffron, with a generous mound of fresh seafood.
We dined on a Tuesday night and the service was excellent, friendly, and helpful, without hovering, and the food was hot and promptly served. I'm a good cook myself, and I'm happy to pay for good food and good service, and Serratto came through.

1  Thank KayakerTina

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I dined at Serratto as a part of a company meal while on a business trip to Portland. Wonderful meal of pasta, salad and dessert and some wonderful wine. The restaurant has a wonderful atmosphere.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

In Italy, good restaurants ask you want you'd like to eat rather than leaning on the menu.
A business colleague took me to Serratto along with another colleague who was arriving late. From the moment we walked in on Halloween eve, there was no problem meeting our needs. You want an unusual brand of Scotch? We don't have that, but the bartender recommends you try this one which is similar. You want something to eat while you wait but you don't want our standard antipasti? Let me put together a custom charcuterie and cheese plate. You want a good wine that we're out of? Let me upgrade you to the better one from the same region at the same price.
So, great service! And, the food was all good, especially the boar shank special. Soups, salads, pastas - we liked them all. Share a dessert - sure.
Just like in Italy....

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We booked an early reservation for our anniversary dinner. The service was excellent. French onion soup and beet salad to start; really nice. Spaghetti for a pasta course-wow! My wife had the quail- tasty but tiny. I had the lamb- surprising and delicious. Nice choices on dessert; the creme brulee was spot on. I can't afford to be a regular, but I sure could sit over on the bar side and do happy hour!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Good variety on the menu. I had the papardelle with wild boar and it was just as good as I had in Tuscany. My companions also enjoyed their meals of cavatelli and scallops. The bread was also excellent! Good service too.