“Fabulous Birthday Dinner”
Review of Serratto

Serratto
Reserve with OpenTable
Serratto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 4,276 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Cross street: NW 21st Ave & NW Kearney St
Transit: Portland Streetcar (NW 21st and Lovejoy) heading East toward Pearl District/Downtown/Waterfront
Portland, Oregon
“Fabulous Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed March 7, 2008

Serratto has always been a favorite restaurant. The food is always fresh, well prepared and innovative.

Service is always great too! The staff members are friendly, knowledgeable and professional.

The wine list is fabulous. Many local selections as well as imports.

In 2007, I invited tow friends two join me for my birthday. We had a great time. My friends brought a special Italian wine from their cellar (they own a local wine shop and have a fabulous selection of wines.) The wine was the 1995 Radici- Mastroberardino.
It's 100 % Alianico grape. The Wine Buyer came over when we asked if he would like to taste the wine. He was in heaven as this is one of his personal favorites and he had not had it in a long time.

We ordered a selection of foods.....my first course was a beet salad. Oh how I love beets! These were perfectly prepared....just the right amount of firmness.

Each of us ordered a different entree and took a bite from each others plates. I ordered the duck. This was fabulous! The meat was "melt-in-your-mouth perfect. One friend ordered the pasta with procuitto and assiago - the other ordered salmon. Again, perfectly prepared salmon. It is so easy to overcook fish....Serrattos chef did a superb job.

We really didn't need dessert, but heck, it was my birthday. So order we did! We ordered two desserts to share. We had the chocolate cobbler which was DECADENT! It is extremely rich, warm and topped with very melty vanilla bean ice cream. We also ordered the cheese cake which was topped with big, fat, juicy blackberries.

A wonderful time was had by all!

2 Thank PDXWineauxs

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Risotto was good. Might...”
Reviewed February 28, 2008

Risotto was good. Might need reservations.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Nice atmosphere, easy to...”
Reviewed February 15, 2008

Nice atmosphere, easy to get into. Pretty decent food. Had a good zin here that I can't remember the name of.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“great service, not my taste in food, great great GREAT desserts.”
Reviewed January 2, 2008

great service, not my taste in food, great great GREAT desserts.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“excellent NW italian fusion! they always surpass my expectations. they also accomodate to large groups wonderfully. the...”
Reviewed December 10, 2007

excellent NW italian fusion! they always surpass my expectations. they also accomodate to large groups wonderfully. the food is incredible, and of course they have an excellent wine list