“A taste of Heaven!”
Review of Paley's Place

Paley's Place
Reserve with OpenTable
Paley's Place is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 4,272 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Dana Point, CA, USA
“A taste of Heaven!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our proprietor told us about this place that is run by a husband and wife team. When we approached the "house," we were greeted by "the wife." I'm from the South, and she displayed the same type of hospitality known throughout my region. Every part of the meal was delicious and fresh! The drinks were prepared perfectly, the servers friendly and helpful, and the food....let's just say that I skipped dessert and had their raviola instead because it tasted so incredible. I wish they had a Paley's Place here! Although I have only been once, I miss it. Go. Eat. Enjoy!

• Visited April 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Our Go-To Place For a Special Night”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Charming and elegant restaurant in a lovely old house in trendy NW 21st neighborhood. It's our go-to place for any and every special occasion (and sometimes that special occasion might just be a Tuesday....!)
Things I love about Paley's..... Beautifully prepared, local and fresh ingredients, great service, innovative menu, fabulous wine list, full bar, many menu items offered in full and half portions, and the Steak Tartare if off the hook. Choice of seating in bar area, at the bar, dining room, and front porch (seasonally). Each visit to Paley's starts with some outrageously delicious and creative little tasting of something prepared special for that day ... End of each meal is a small taste of something sweet, but don't miss out on desserts and after dinner specialty drinks.
So, what don't I like...? Well, really nothing negative to say, but you can rack up quite a bill there if you want to....since we go often enough, we have figured out just how to order to be sure we have enough food and have not over ordered and piled on excess $$$ (although sometimes we just do anyway!...it's that good). Reservations strongly suggested. Bon Appetit !!!

• Visited March 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Honeymoon Treat”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The second night of our honeymoon we decided to treat ourselves and went to the intimate Paley's Place. The food was the best we had the whole 10 days, servers were very nice and informative and we had a fantastic time. Perfect for a romanic night out. Definitely try the cheese too. Mind blowing.

Visited March 2013
Boston, United Kingdom
“Pearl District Portland superlative”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stay at the funky Inn @ Northrup Station Hotel , and walk around the corner to this haven of foodie delights. Arriving late without a reservation , I was seated at the bar , and given the full menu to choose from.
The charcuterie plate beckoned.....the bacon-wrapped pork terrine was to die for , and the accompanying salad bursting with fresh local ingredients including the kind of tangy radish you remember eating directly from the soil in your grandfather's garden!
Wanting to eat light , I again opted for a cheese plate , rather than a full dinner , and the barman suggested 3 cheeses , all of which were unknown to me.....including a Pyrennean sharp hard cheese , and a soft Spanish goatsmilk cheese.....I must remember to get the names , as they were all in peak condition , and served with chunks of Paley's Bar , a confection of nuts , dates , and honey , made in their kitchens.
The main entrees are offered in 'half' or 'full' portions , and most people there (I assume mostly regular diners) were opting for the 'half' portions which still looked generous to me.
This is a polished , quality restaurant , with pleasant knowledgable staff , who 'go the extra mile' to ensure you have an enjoyable dining experience......I'll be back to try the full menu when I'm next in town.

• Visited March 2013
Portland, OR
“As great as ever!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Great service and presentation to go with great food. Prices are actually very reasonable. The "half portion" size is actually what most of the world considers a full meal.

A really nice evening.