“Easter Brunch”
Review of Heathman Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Heathman Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Salmon
Reviewed April 23, 2014

You will definitely need reservations. The Heathman distinguishes between the Bruch and the Buffet. They are held in different rooms and you need to distinguish to avoid being disappointed.

The service was impeccable; but I would have to say the food was only above average. I think this must have been due to the huge Easter Sunday crowd.

We will try it again on the next trip to Portland.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

had a very nice stay at the hotel, and visit to restaurant seemed strong...great service, very good food...until a little while after.

Developed stomach issues - if you know what i mean - and am 100% sure it was from restaurant.

Explained this to front desk on check out, wondering if management would contact me. they didnt bother...which is worse than the offense itself.

2  Thank John C
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Our server Dani was attentive, friendly and helpful. The food was out-of-this-world!! The atmosphere was relaxing and classy.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I treated my wife to dinner here as part of a birthday weekend. We spent Saturday night the 12th here so I could suprise her with Pink Martini tickets. Our waiter was Brian and he was very good. He knew the menu and was able to recommend a good vodka martini as well as a wine recommendation to go with my pork chop. While it was good I think I liked my wife's salmon hash better. We liked it so much in fact we're going to try and do it at home.
I started with a Caesar's Salad which basically was hunks of lettuce peeled from the stalk. The dressing was good as were the croutons but the presentation was disappointing. My wife's beet salad had much more character and looked like more effort had been put into it. Since it was my wife's birthday dinner, they presenrteed us with a marvelous small cake with ice cream. The feeble presentation of my salad and the price ($130 with tip) prevents this from getting an excellent rating; everything else about it tho' was excellent.

1  Thank travelguy51_9
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Very nice place to dine, especially if you are staying in the hotel. No need to search for a good restaurant. Just go downstairs and enyoy.

1  Thank Jeffrey M