“Average food and service”
Review of Heathman Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Heathman Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Salmon
Gold Beach, OR
“Average food and service”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

For the prices they charge I was very disappointed with our meal. We had a pear appetizer, which was so small we had one little bite each. We shared a salad of pear and apple and it was adequate. I had duck for my entree and with a serrated knife couldn't cut a good portion of it. I had half my plate with unedible duck and fat which went to the garbage. Our waiter was friendly when he had time for us but seemed to disappear for long periods. It was busy but when paying those prices you should have the full attention of your server. We aren't demanding people but we were very disappointed in our dining experience. I don't think we will be going back.

• Visited February 2013

“Not woth it.”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Food was mediocre at best (canned crab, avocado that was identical to Costco guacamole), yet expensive. Service was slow and indifferent. A disappointimg evening out.

1 Thank pazduha
Port Angeles, Washington
“Audacious and pricy!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Arrived for our birthday celebration 15 minutes early, but were seated 15 minutes after our reservation. Overall, the service was good. However, the food was extremely disappointing.

For whatever reason, I had a throat burning, eye watering reaction to the $11 Caesar salad. This was odd because the entire salad consisted of 10 or so slender inner sprigs of Romaine dusted with a small amount of dressing, and 6 extremely hard croutons that I thought I'd lose a filling trying to eat. Thankfully, they took the salad off my bill.

For the entrée, I had the bouillabaisse, what little there was of it in the bowl; 8 tiny clams, 6 small mussels, a couple of 1" squares of fish, and three very overcooked jumbo shrimp, served in about 1/2 a cup of mediocre broth, .....for $26! OUCH!

The 'house wine' the waiter recommended to match the entree was okay, but there was barely 2 oz in the glass, which was far less than the half a glass many of the other posters received, ....yet they charged $11 for it! $11 for a small splash house wine?

But a final note to the wise:

READ THE CHECK BEFORE YOU SIGN IT! THE PRICE INCLUDES AN 18% TIP!!!!

The blank tip line is for anything you want to give them over what they have already included!

Big prices, small portions, poor cooking techniques, and the automatic assumption of me giving them a full TIP, is a little too audacious for this palette, ...and this wallet. I live in northern WA, so I doubt I'll ever make it back there. But IF I lived close by, I would not be back.

• Visited January 2013
Portland, Oregon
“One of Portland's best”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is really good upscale dining. The food is fabulous, the service is impeccable, the ambience is really lovely. After dinner, wander into the Tea Room (great for full-on High Tea during the Christmas season, when it's beautifully decorated) for some after-dinner quiet jazz. It's also located in one of Portland's best hotels, if you're from out of town.

Visited December 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Very Good restaurant”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We eat here a lot, it's one of the best in town, we live here. A nice atmosphere with excellent service, Enough said.

Visited December 2012