“great hotel and restaurant”
Review of Heathman Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Heathman Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Salmon
Miami Beach, Florida
“great hotel and restaurant”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I first stayed at this Hotel back in 1976 and ate at "El Bandido Borracho" Restaurant, great mexican food so this past July when I went back to Portland with the family I decided to stay at the very same Downtown hotel and found the new Heathman Restaurant and Bar, what a find! it was one of the best experiences of our trip. Great food and service

• Visited July 2012

Saint Helens, Oregon
“A Popular Restaurant in Downtown Portland.”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a classy restaurant. You will find visiting dignitaries and Hollywood types who are intown eating at the Heathman. Not a cheap place to eat!

Yosemite National Park, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Try their seasonal pancakes”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stopped in on our last morning for breakfast on the walk back from mailing my book purchases. Paul had the salmon hash and I had the short rib and eggs, and then we shared a half order of the pumpkin pancakes. Ecellent and knowledgeable staff, full view kitchen area, lots of light and classy ambience. Take a moment to pop into the hotel lobby and see the original wood decor, beautiful wall paintings, and the gorgeous crystal chandelier from the old chech consulate.

Visited October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Everything is first-class”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We arrived at the restaurant a little late after a film screening at the museum, and were seated without a reservation. Although it seemed a little upscale, the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. Our waiter was always prompt and had good recommendations for us. We had their cocktails, which are unique and delicious...mine was made with huckleberry vodka! Since I love huckleberries and you rarely see them on menus, I also ordered the duck, which had a light huckleberry sauce.

The food was exquisite! We shared a salad, ordered entrees and split a dessert, with coffee, and although it was a bit of a splurge for us, I felt that the prices were very reasonable for the quality of the food, the level of service and the romantic atmosphere. I would definitely return here next time I'm in Portland; it was a perfect dining experience!

• Visited October 2012
Nashville
“Good way to start the day”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed a couple of nights at The Heathman and enjoyed breakfast 2 mornings at the Heathman Restaurant & Bar. I had the ham and cheese omlette and my husband had Eggs Benedict. My omlette was delicious and the fried potatos were wonderful and crispy. Coffee and fresh OJ topped off a wonderful breakfast. Service was also great - they check with you just enough but not too much. The restaurant meets up to the high quality standards as the rest of the hotel.

• Visited October 2012