“Burn your face off!”
Review of Salvador Molly's

Salvador Molly's
Reserve with OpenTable
Salvador Molly's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #228 of 4,420 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Small place, so the wait can be long. But, its worth it! Food is great and make sure to burn your insides to a crisp with the Great Balls of Fire. You will be scared to use the restroom! hahahaha

It is really good though.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was really looking forward to eating here, because I like the rest of America saw the episode where Molly's was featured on Man v. Food. It looked like a fun and exciting place; but don't they all on TV? I went with friends who were visiting from Florida. My first disappointment was that it is located in a strip mall, that is alwasy a distractor for me. We went on a Sunday afternoon, so there were not many people. The wait staff was very nice, very friendly. I ordered the Baja Saba fish tacos. They were actually very tasty, I enjoyed them as did my friend who had never had fish tacos before. My husband had the Molly's Hot Tamales with aritchoke, he said they were "so-so". We did try the "Great Balls of Fire", because, that's what you do when you go there, right? We ordered 3 balls, 3 of us ate 1, they were that kind of hot where you can't even enjoy they taste of the food. In fact it almost ruined the rest of my meal. But I can say that I have tried them! They are also known for their drinks, first I tried their jalapeno infused margarita, it was not spicy at all (I drank it before the Great Balls of Fire), and then I tried their mojito, it was underwhelming. It was not a bad time. The food was good, not GREAT or all that exciting. I can say taht I tried it, but I see no need to go back again.

1  Thank MrsOregon2009
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We were taking a special trip to Portland for my daughters 6th birthday and she decided she wanted to go to a pirate themed restaurant. I googled pirate restaraunt and this place is what came up. When we arrived it wasn't a pirate themed, but a tiki theme, which just amazed my daughter as she'd never seen anything like it. They were packed, but we were seated with in 15 minutes and they were very friendly with the three young kids we had with us. The menu was varied with lots of unique delicious sounding things on it. I had the sweet potato Mac and cheese and can't stop thinking about how delicious it was since.
And my daughter got a free dessert because it was her birthday, which she was also thrilled with.

1  Thank Astoriadancer
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was all sorts of excited to try this place. It was on my list of places to go. We showed up around 7:15pm and there was a wait, to be expected on a Sat night. We didn't wait too long for a five top. We got called but wait, the table isn't ready, sorry. Please go back outside and we'll call you again. 5-7 minutes later we are called again and we had to thread our way through an over crowed dining room to the enclosed "patio" seating. I felt we were shoved in a corner and forgotten about.

The waitress was nice enough, I guess. She seems agitated and annoyed. Ordered the calamari and onion rings for the table. They came out quick enough then the waitress came back to take our dinner and drink order. We had already run out of water and had to ask for more. She came back with two pitchers to make sure we didn't run out. It just smacked of snarky waitress. The apps weren't even finished before the main courses came out. There was no room on the table and we had to maneuver plates and glasses around to make room. The food order was correct, thank god, but the drinks? A coke was forgotten altogether, the glass the ice tea came in was dirty and the food itself was subpar. I had the Richly spiced African sauce simmered with fresh vegetables and shrimp Served atop Ethiopian Injera bread with curry red lentil dahl, peanut-ginger roasted sweet potato and garlic spinach. It was warm only. The bread was soggy and the sweet potato was disgusting. I ate what I could of it, basically picked out the shrimp and spinach.

As the meal progressed I grew more and more unhappy, this was not the experience I neither wanted, hoped for nor expected. We were there for a birthday dinner for my friend Chef, we were all terribly disappointed. So much so, I asked to speak to a floor manger. Snarky waitress came back and wanted to know what the problem was and for a moment, I was shocked that she was the floor manager. Thankfully for her and me, she was not. I would have gone rounds with her. Alex was a nice enough fellow who comp'ed us a dessert for our displeasure. Great, it was a flan that no one ate. Yippy. The best part of the night? When the bill came and we were told that they could only split it down three ways. At this point, the whole table had enough. I was seriously close to slapping down my credit card and telling them to charge me the whole $95.00 just to get the hell out of there.

We ended up having to create our own ticket on a scratch piece of paper and assigned which credit card to which entry. You might be asking yourself if I even tipped the stupid cow. Yes, I did. I might be a b***h but I understand that is how waitstaff earns their living. I will -never- go back there again. EVER.

1  Thank Snow M
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Family birthday at SM. Great selection of ethnic foods, crazy decor and wait staff that is friendly,
funny and clearly there to make your time there an experience. Very kiddo friendly. Very cool
way to spend time with family and friends that isn't the " same ol same ol".