“Loved it and we are soooooo picky...”
Review of Red Star Tavern

Red Star Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Star Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 4,420 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th Ave.
Transit: Transit stop directly in front of the restaurant on SW 5th and Alder
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Portland, Red Star provides fine dining service in a casual atmosphere. Executive Chef Dolan Lane insures that fresh, local, and seasonal are the primary ingredients in all menus. From the slow roasted meats and bright salads to the playful flavor combinations from the bar, every choice will more than compliment the comforting glow from the wood-fired grill. Call, stop in, or visit us online to reserve your experience today!
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We ordered Beet Carpacio for a starter and it was delightful. Hubby had a pork chop served with Sweets and Brussels for his entree. The sweet potato's were somewhat bland and lacked finesse. The brussels were spectacular. The pork chop was absolutely perfectly cooked, moist, seasoned well and honestly was one the best we have ever had. I had a dry aged Rib Eye, cooked to a perfect medium rare as ordered topped with onion jam and tiny sprinkle of Blue cheese. Our drinks were topped off when needed, without asking, the waitstaff was unobtrusive but efficient. All in all this was a happy and delicious experience. Our server Mariah was a gem. Definitely not cheap but to my mind, it was not horridly expensive and the quality was fantastic. The portions were quite healthy and we left feeling very satisfied.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This place was better priced in the morning than evening. I was starving and decided for the bacon/egg/avocado burger. OK I am
a small girl and this was a huge burger for me to even order. But let me say, this was so delicious! For a morning meal, I usually eat a yogurt cup! But, this is vacation and Portland has been nothing but delicious and tasty foods. I shared it with my husband who ended up eating most of it :) It was a cholesterol driven burger for once in a lifetime breakfast, worth it!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Snuck in out of the rain looking for good brunch on a Saturday around 11 am and couldn't have found a better place. Great brunch menu. Plenty of microbrews for husband and terrific selection of teas for me. Could have stayed all afternoon at the friendly and comfortable bar. Will be back next time we are in Portland.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

we order one roasted beef and gill duck...the food were average, side dishes weren't very tasted and they were way to salty...

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Me and my fiance did not like the food but I gave it an average review because some folks would like it. Think pub food with a twist and imagine lots of deep fried greasy stuff. I always try to order healthy stuff and the meals I selected that did sound healthy on the menu were really greasy and left a oily taste in my mouth. I love the Kimpton brand and have never given a bad review for their restaurants but this one I would have to say was disappointing. It is however a great casual place to come to and have a meal. But if you enjoy restaurants like Vertible Quandry then this place isn't for you.