“Amazing box of sauce!”
Review of Saucebox

Saucebox
Reserve with OpenTable
Saucebox is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #407 of 4,400 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: SW Pine
Description: Established in 1995, Saucebox has maintained its reputation in the city as the place for the finest Pan-Asian and Pacific Island cuisine. The menu pulls from a wealth of bold and authentic flavors. Fruit infusions, elixirs and our notable "liquor laboratory" are also specialties of the house.
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was the first restaurant we tried on our trip to Portland. Great ambience, delicious cocktails and an excellent variety of dishes made this one of our favorite local spots we enjoyed while on our visit. We tried the pad thai, a set if sushi rolls and the potstickers, all of which were delicious.

BluehourPortland, Owner at Saucebox, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thanks for checking us out, Trevor. Given the fact that we're in a city packed with amazing restaurants, it's really great to hear we stood out as one of your favorite local spots. The next time you visit Portland, you know where to find us!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We were invited here for a private party. I had checked out the drink menu in advance and was anxious to try some of their unique mixtures. First up was the Jade Scorpion. How could I resist Thai-chili vodka, ginger vodka and ginger brew? They infuse their own vodka, which provides strong flavors. It was excellent: initially hot, with a soothing aftertaste.

Next was the Kickboxer. It also had Thai chili vodka, but with refreshing fruit juices. It was even better than the Jade Scorpion. The fruit juices provided a sweet, cooling balance to the chili heat. My wife liked it so much, she had two of them. The third one that I tried was the tequila-based Diablo. At first, I was concerned that the cassis was too sweet, but after three sips I changed my mind. I hit the trifecta of beverage excellence.

While all this drinking and talking was going on, appetizers were being served. Our hosts made the food selections and there were too many dishes to remember, but I recall sampling edamame, crispy Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, Vietnamese salad rolls, sushi and sashimi. The food was incredible and well presented.

We will definitely come back and try more drinks while enjoying a delicious meal.

BluehourPortland, Owner at Saucebox, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

"I hit the trifecta of beverage excellence"—that's a quote for the ages. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your party, and I look forward to welcoming you and your wife back next time. You'll have to let me know what you think of our other cocktails!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We went to this Portland hotspot for happy hour. There were many dishes to choose from, priced from $1.00 to $5.00 off their happy hour menu. As well as a nice variety of happy hour drinks. Try the hot and dirty off the regular drink menu! Well worth it. This is an Asian fusions place so many of the dishes were spicy. The service was good, but the neighborhood was right one the edge. If you are south of the restaurant you should be fine. There is outdoor seating in front of the restaurant but you are on a major street.

BluehourPortland, Owner at Saucebox, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thanks for checking us out and leaving a review. Glad we could make your hour a little happier! Great call with the Hot and Dirty, as well. Hope you'll join us again soon!

Best,

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Another place that we enjoy each time in Portland. Great bar and dinner menu. We had sushi for an appetizer and it was outstanding. Enjoyed salmon for dinner...also outstanding. Fun atmosphere!

BluehourPortland, Owner at Saucebox, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thanks for the 5 stars, Kevin. It sounds like we've done right by you on all accounts, which is really rewarding to hear. The next time you're in town, you know where to find us!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Went to saucebox with my wife and 13 year old daughter. We tried all kinds of interesting things. The pups platter was outstanding, a mix of flavors and textures that were amazing. Beautiful dining room, excellent service and terrific cocktail menu. We will make this a must-visit every time we are in town.

BluehourPortland, Owner at Saucebox, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thanks for stopping by. "Best meal I've had in Portland"—that's quite the compliment! I appreciate the review and look forward to seeing you and your family the next time you're in town.