“It's all about the cocktails”
Review of Saucebox

Saucebox
Reserve with OpenTable
Saucebox is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #417 of 4,320 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: SW Pine
Description: Established in 1995, Saucebox has maintained its reputation in the city as the place for the finest Pan-Asian and Pacific Island cuisine. The menu pulls from a wealth of bold and authentic flavors. Fruit infusions, elixirs and our notable "liquor laboratory" are also specialties of the house.
Portland, Oregon
“It's all about the cocktails”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

But the food isn't bad, either! It's always great to stop in to Saucebox to see what their mixologists have been up to. Infused liquors, creative drink concoctions and a hip atmosphere. We're happy hour people, and we love that they have a second late night happy hour.

Visited September 2012
BluehourPortland, Owner at Saucebox, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review us. You're right—we're all about the cocktails (and the food, of course). Our mixologists will be happy to hear you're impressed with what they do. Hope to have you at happy hour again soon!

Dallas, Texas
“Go for the atmosphere”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Cool place that is a part of Portland. Extremely hip with good music and DJs...varied menu different every time I've been there. My boss said it is the worst restaurant in Portland.

• Visited October 2012
BluehourPortland, Owner at Saucebox, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thanks for the good words. It's flattering that you think of us as a "part of Portland"—that's what we aim to be. I hope we get the chance to welcome you back soon. Maybe your boss will read your review and consider giving us another shot!

Portland, OR
“Better places to eat in Portland”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been twice, and both times I was disappointed. The food was average. We had a large party the first time, and the service was disappointing. I went back a second time with just three friends, and we had a similar experience.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Sillydg
BluehourPortland, Owner at Saucebox, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
I'm truly sorry to hear you haven't enjoyed your experiences with us. We take a lot of pride in the quality of our food and service, so it's disconcerting to hear we fell short on two separate occasions. Although I appreciate if you decide not to return, I hope you'll consider giving us another shot. I know we have what it takes to really impress you.

San Diego, California
“Late night drinks”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

A group of friends and I stopped by Saucebox for drinks after grabbing dinner at Santeria. They had a huge menu of specialty drinks and there were certainly many ingredients I've never heard of before. Alas, they all sounded great! The atmosphere was classy and chill. The DJ was entertaining and even busted out his own flute, clarinet, and saxophone to play. We didn't eat here, but the food selections look tasty. Overall, it was a great little hangout to end our night.

Visited March 2013
BluehourPortland, Owner at Saucebox, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thanks for coming by the other night, Sarah. Tasty drinks and good music: that's what we're all about! I appreciate the good words and hope to see you and your friends again soon. You'll have to check out our food next time!

Jakarta
“Our favorite hangout in downtown Portland”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We always drop by at Saucebox everytime we visit Portland.
The place is quiet small but cozy and laidback.
The food is great and you should try to drop by on weekends.
Good music in the house, with bunch of friends on the weekend.
Try it!

Visited May 2012
BluehourPortland, Owner at Saucebox, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thanks for the excellent review. It's great to hear we're one of your go-to spots when you visit Portland. Tasty food and good music in a laid-back atmosphere—that's what we're all about! I appreciate your spreading the word about us and look forward to welcoming you back next time you're in town.