“Food is okay, plan to wait a while for service”

Raccoon Lodge & Brew Pub
Ranked #440 of 4,252 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Portland, Oregon
“Food is okay, plan to wait a while for service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food is okay, i think they do better with their brewed beers. The service has a lot to work on. Every time i have been in there it has taken at least 2 hours to eat. Not great when you are on an hour lunch break, and you work next door. Staff is okay, no one stands out. Not a bad place if you have some time to kill.

Visited October 2012

“Yummy lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Loved the warm piece of sliced chicken on a delicious cobb salad. The blue cheese dressing was just the right amount and flavorful. The restrooms and entire restaurant were spotless. The service was very good. I plan on going back soon.

Aloha, Oregon
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Have eaten here on several occasions, but was very disappointed this time. We were seated at a table where the overhead light was burned out so couldn't read the menu. We asked to be moved and were, but two other couples were also seated there before asking to be moved. My friend ordered a modified sandwich and I ordered chicken strips. Her sandwich came as shown on the menu not as she asked for it, my shoestring potatoes were cold. They redid her sandwich and brought hot potatoes after I'd finished the chicken. Won't be going back any time soon.

• Visited June 2012
vancouver
“disgusting”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

very good service - we were lost in the area and two of the hosts were kind enough to search for our hotel and even print out a map for us. We returned to try the food and there must've been a sale on salt because the food was close to inedible. I ordered the reuben and managed to finish half the sandwich out of sheer neccessity for food but it was disgustingly salty. One of my friends ordered the meatloaf and the portion of meat given was surprisingly small. He and other friends that tried the burger also agreed that their food was overly salty.

• Visited April 2012
Jacksonville, FL
“Great food and brews -- poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

For my last night in Portland, I was looking for a great place for a meal accompanied by local micro-brewed beers. I found the Raccoon Lodge & Brew Pub and was anxious to check it out.

I arrived around 7:30 and waited a few minutes to be noticed by any employees. After waiting a few minutes, I was seated near the toasty fireplace. So far, so good. The upstairs dining areas is really nice - feels like a ski lodge; high ceilings and exposed timbers. The owner has spent a lot of money upstairs. The downstairs area is decorated like a trashy bar with electronic games and dim lighting.

I was somewhat surprised to see few people at this place on a Thursday evening. Not a good sign....

The waiter arrived quickly and was OVERLY anxious to get me to order. I selected the beer sampler -- 13 samples of the house brews. All we were really good.

The waiter delivered the beer and asked me if I was ready to order to order food. I felt like he was rushing to end his shift. I told him I would like a few minutes to sample the brews and would let him know when I was ready.

Before I knew it, he was back again. "Ready to order??"

I ordered the fondue with pretzel and sausage. The waiter wanted to go ahead and take my dinner order as well. I told him to check back with me later. Surprise! He was back in five minutes.

The fondue with pretzel and sausage was really tasty. Matched well with the brew samplers.

Before I was halfway through my appetizer, the waiter was back - "Ready to order??"

I ordered the salmon over spicy rice.

The salmon was well prepared and very tasty. I had barely finished the appetizer when the salmon arrived.

I was 1/3 finished with the salmon when the waiter appeared with the check. Guess I won't be having dessert or coffee here.

Overall - the atmosphere was great. The food and brews are awesome. The service stinks...evidently I am not the only one that feels this way.

The restaurant also has a lot of items for sale with Raccoon Lodge & Brew Pub logo. I was looking at some of these to purchase. For some reason, I felt too rushed to stop and look at these items...

• Visited February 2012