“Great place”

Papa Haydn
Ranked #5 of 127 Dessert in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Guadalajara, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Truly one of the very best salads you can ever have, you have to ask for the shrimp cake salad.
It's not a cheap place, but it's worth every penny (it isn't that expensive either)

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Edgar P

San Francisco, California
“Desserts were really good, the food, not so much.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I arrived after hearing great things about the desserts. We decided to have dinner there as well, after reading the menu online. Big mistake! I could have found more flavor and creativity from a Shari's. My wife had the garlic chicken, and said it was dried out, and she could barely taste the garlic. I had the Pork Pasta, and was very underwhelmed.

However, the dessert was good as advertised. The lemon tart was right on the money, and the toffee cheesecake was delicious.

So, stay far away from the entrees, as there are far better choices in Portland. The desserts though? You can't go wrong.

• Visited March 2013
Vancouver, Washington
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Having lived here all these years but never gone here we felt it was time! I had the Lemon chiffon cake and husband had the burbon ball. Both were very decadent and wonderful. The bill came out to about $15, and well worth it!

Vancouver, Washington
“Desserts galore!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We went here after dinner for some dessert and boy did we get dessert! I ordered the Georgian Peanut Butter Mousse which was pretty great. It had a more peanut taste than peanut butter but I ate most of it anyway (poor me, right?). My friend ordered the chocolate mint cake it was to die for! SOOOOO good!

It's a little pricey but the the servings are huge and the food is top-notch. Go there for a great experience.

• Visited February 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Desserts to die for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

3 persons went for coffee and dessert and we all found something to our liking. Good service and a relaxed atmosphere. Could get rid of the Frank Sinatra music.

Visited March 2013