“Best Burger in Portland, Oregon and maybe the world”
Review of Skyline Restaurant

Skyline Restaurant
Ranked #1,009 of 4,430 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I have been going here since before I was born~ my parents started going here then took us kids. Get a #12, Extra Chocolate shake and fries. The place looks that same as always. Old diner booths, colored pictures from the kids taped to the wall and packed with hungry patrons. It is and always will be my favorite place to eat in Portland.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Skyline makes a great burger. No need for fancy. Also try their clam chowder and split pea soup as both just hit the spot! Bring cash.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

I'm glad such places exist as part of our legacy, but I would appreciate seeing things maintained and updated in many respects. The uneven heating made the wait and dinner both require a jacket, and it was unpleasant taking a chilly trip outside to an unheated bathroom with several broken parts.

The menu has about anything you could want from the original era, plus a few choices synthesized and extrapolated since. However, I would have much preferred to see a serious nod to modern health considerations; I hate to think of the empty carbs, mass-processed meats, and HFCS being consumed around us.

Also, it's difficult to enjoy the experience when there's such a long wait for simple service. We visited about 2:30 pm on a Saturday, when we figured the lunch rush would be gone. We waited 20 minutes for a table, another 20 minutes to get our orders in, and pretty much had to stand in the aisles to get a staff member to acknowledge we could use a drink refill.

I don't begrudge this eatery to anyone who longs for the days when your burger was weighed out two hours before, instead of being frozen at the factory in the next city, when Coke came in only one flavor and the chocolate milk shake ruled adolescent metabolism. If that's your food memory, Skyline is the place.
If you want the memories without the cracked vinyl, Heinz condiments, and crumbs from the previous parties, keep driving.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

This spot is in my neighborhood and had excellent burgers and a classic diner feel to it. The shakes are not to be missed!

Reviewed January 23, 2012

This place is great, food is great and atmosphere is great. Go for a drive on cornell or skyline on a fall or summer day and stop here for a milkshake, burger that will feed you and your special and some fries that are great!!!