“Great Italian”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is a great place for a date, event or just for food. The service is great, they have good food choices and an Italian has told me they like the way the food tastes: "autentica" :) Highly recommended for Italian food.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I fortunately made a reservation for a Saturday night as the small restaurants was full. The wait staff was informative, friendly and helpful and helped us make choices when debating several options. The wine was excellent and we enjoyed the whole meal.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Cafe Mingo in downtown Portland (be careful that you don't mix it up with Mingo in Hillsboro, also good, but long way away), is a casual, delightful little restaurant in NW. The staff are wonderful and courteous. I drink Port, and for a change I don't get the "baby glass" while everyone else has huge glasses of wine. The beef suga is an unreal dish that you want to eat with no one talking to you so you can fully enjoy it. Wonderful evening, every time we eat there. I do wish they took reservations for small groups, it is so busy on weekends that you can have quite a wait.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My friend and I took advantage of these dog days of summer to sit on the sidewalk patio and dine, which was just perfect. Even though people are walking by and some traffic, it is still pleasant. The Wait staff was friendly but not obtrusive or pompous, and really made it nice to enjoy a relaxing meal consisting of Crostini Trio: two of each so it's plentiful to share; one with pickles was so inspired and delicious, the BLT good, but the fishy one...not so good..maybe it was the stinky cheese but that's the one we didn't finish) Insalata Caprese (heirloom tomatoes and homemade mozzeralla, so fresh so yum). a nice Bottle of Barbera. I had the fresh pasta of the day- a pappardelle with Lamb, so good and also generous with the Lamb, which was so tender and perfectly spiced. My friend had the Sugo of Beef Penne, and it was enjoyed. We followed up with a Tiramisu to share; also lovely. I will definitely be back and hopefully often.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

All around great vibe, good food and excellent happy hour. Great location. The ricotta beignets are fabulous. Try them with a caffe coretto and you will be in heaven.