“Food=Great Service=Mheh?”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Description: Pastini Pastaria is a Portland Italian restaurant with a passion for pasta. Experience our stellar Italian restaurant lunch or dinner menu featuring over 30 Italian pasta dishes, fresh salads, sandwiches, as well as a gluten free pasta and dessert menu.
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Food=Great Service=Mheh?”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

No matter what you order the food is pure quality and wonderfully tasty. We frequent this place often while in town for business, so we value this restaurant. This time we traveled with my parents and small child and even though the order came out totally wrong and the waitress seemed under the influence, the food was still wonderful. We had to wait quite a while for our teas and when she first took our order she seemed confident she could remember, but then returned an asked us again. If you are willing to handle the quirks and so so service then you're good, because the food is some of the best I've had in Nob Hill. It's better to park off in a distance and walk in. The parking around here is awful and usually under construction.

Visited June 2012

Houston, Texas
“Tasty Place”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stopped here after leaving the hospital and it was surprisingly tasty. As an Italian, I am very picky about my Italian food. The waitress seemed rushed to us and not willing to take her time to assure we understood the menu, etc. The presentation of the food could be a little better but, the food was very tasty and for the price I would go again.

• Visited June 2012
Vancouver
“A whole lot of flavour, for not a lot of dough”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I will be making this place a must stop everytime I visit portland. The key to ordering at pasta places is to always order the specialty dishes where the freshest ingredients are used and I can say that this place did not disappoint. My wife and I both ordered different ravioli dishes and were practically floored by how good the dishes were. Drinks were excellent, dessert was great and so was the service and the price.

• Visited May 2012
“Best place to eat after riding our bicycles 204 miles!”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

For the past three years we have had the great opportunity to eat at Pastini Pastaria at the end of our Seattle to Portland Classic Bicycle ride. The food is superb, the staff helpful, (we were in late, but they did not hurry us to eat and drink!) and the prices were reasonable. This past year we did not arrive till when they were closing @ 9PM Sunday, and the waitress recognized us when we were standing outside with glum looks on our face. We had been slowed down on the ride due to some mechanical problems. We were greeted in a friendly manner and allowed to have a wonderful, healthy, and unhurried dinner. We love this place and will try to ride faster this year and get there a bit early this time. Even if you did not ride your bicycle 204 miles, the place is wonderful!

• Visited July 2011
PortlandandCoarsegold, CA
“You get what you pay for!”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We tried this local place because it was within walking distance of our PDX place. The service was friendly and quick. I had the rigatoni bolognese and my wife had the Pesto pasta with chicken. The bolognese was, I guess, a "rustic" grind with larger chunks of tomato and pork/beef. It was fairly tasteless and to be honest, there were only about 4 tablespoons of it over a good sized bowl of pasta. I had to search through the pasta to find some sauce at the bottom of the bowl. Although my wife's pesto was tasty, the chicken served in the dish tasted "strange", not spoiled or bad in that way but with a wierd flavor. She picked through it and didn't eat the meat. At about $8.95-$12.95 for an entree, I guess you really get what you pay for, especially here.

We won't return. Piazza Italia, Cafe Mingo, Basta, and Serrato in the NW part of town are a bit more expensive, not much, but much better quality and portion-wise.

• Visited January 2012