“Valentine's Dinner was great!”
Review of Bluehour

Bluehour
Reserve with OpenTable
Bluehour is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #343 of 4,560 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Everett
Transit: Bluehour is located three blocks west of the NW 10th and Everett stop of the Portland Street Car.
Description: Bluehour means different things to different people. In French literature it describes any time of day "of heightened emotion." In Portland it has come to mean "a great place to dine." As the premier modern restaurant in the Pearl District, Bluehour opened its doors in 2000, with what Gourmet Magazine describes as, "the most sophisticated, contemporary food in town." Guests choose between the elegant dining room or the casual cafe and bar. Simple, delicious and classic describes the Mediterranean cuisine we create in the Bluehour kitchen each night. The menu is printed daily, but Bluehour standards remain, like the pillowy potato gnocchi with black truffle and the perfectly seared, bacon wrapped sea scallops.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had our first visit to Bluehour for Valentine's Day dinner. We're from Seattle and were visiting for a conference in Portland, and I wanted to take my wife to a nice meal. They had a prix fixe menu, with several options. We arrived a bit early and sampled several of the cocktails from the bar. Really interesting selections, some we liked (preference) better than others, but all were good.

The entire meal was really excellent. We had great service and each portion of the food was well-made and quite delicious. We had brought a special bottle of wine, and that was decanted and served well...as well as appreciated by the staff.

All in all, we would definitely recommend this restaurant and would go back (unfortunately we don't get to Portland all that often, but when we go next we will try to stop here again).

BluehourPortland, Owner at Bluehour, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

I'm so glad you and your wife could join us for Valentine's Day dinner. I really appreciate the review you left for us. It's always nice to hear back from our guests, and feedback like yours really validates our efforts. We pride ourselves on the quality of our food, drinks, and service, and it's our pleasure serving you. If you're ever back in Portland, stop by again!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Terrific people watching in the Pearl through huge plate glass windows. Inventive chandeliers made of fairy lights and tree branches. Wonderful privacy as tables are spaced wide apart. Menu is small, locally sourced with additional delicacies. Food is well prepared and service was excellent. Pasta with shrimp (think prawns) and a zesty tomato sauce, kumamoto oysters to die for, inventive cocktails. Great for a couple or a larger group. Floor to ceiling drapes help mute the sound so you can have a conversation while you enjoy your food!

BluehourPortland, Owner at Bluehour, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thanks for the supportive review. I'm glad you had a good time at Bluehour. I'll be sure I send your compliments into the kitchen. The validation of their hard work is very much appreciated. It was our pleasure having you. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Loved it. the decor is smart and the food and service wonderful.My good friend and I enjoyed a weekday dinner inspire of the fact we caught up on our lives with endless conversation. We started with an asst of oysters ,a sweetbread appetizer and 2 pasta dishes...yummy.Vesper martinis and lots of laughs I am glad Debbie picked this place. Kudos to Didier and our terrific server with a million dollar smile!

BluehourPortland, Owner at Bluehour, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear chicaria—Thanks for leaving us a review back in January. I'm glad to hear that you had a great time dining with us. Customer satisfaction is one of our highest priorities, so it's always validating to hear such positive feedback. It was our pleasure having you. I'll make sure the rest of my team knows that you appreciate their efforts. Thanks again for dining with us. I look forward to more great experiences with you!

Bruce Carey, Owner

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Unexceptable slow kitchen service. In 90 minutes we only received oyster appetizers! We walked out before dinner served. Reservation time not honored. Beautifully designed restaurant but had major problems.

BluehourPortland, Owner at Bluehour, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Please accept my sincerest apologies for your experience. It was definitely an anomaly and I'm saddened to hear that we let you down so catastrophically. I am aware of this one hour melt down that the kitchen experienced on Saturday, and have discussed the problem at length with the chef. I made sure to immediately correct the issue with all my team.

Great customer service is a great source of pride at Bluehour —rest assured that this will not happen again. I hope you'll give us another chance to show you a better experience. f you are so inclined, please email me directly with your mailing address so I can send you an enticement to try Bluehour again. In any case - thank you for your time and consideration.

bruce@bluehouronline.com

Reviewed January 12, 2013

i was here a few years ago and still think about it. it's the quintessential evening out in the pearl. great service and food.

BluehourPortland, Owner at Bluehour, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thanks for the kind note, Jodi.

It was our pleasure making your evening a memorable one. If you get a chance to come back again, we'll love to have you!

Warmly,