“Average Mexican food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Pearl
Neighborhood: Pearl
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This was a convenient place for lunch while shopping in the pearl district, but wasn't anything spectacular. The indoor seating area is noisy and you self-bus your table when you are done. Decent casual Mexican restaurant, but not a foodie stopping place.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

My fiance & I have frequented the Sellwood location often enough for the owner to quip recently "Wow haven't seen you two in a bit !" I didn't realize we were missed...that's sweet. We had been busy and missed going for a few weeks and I craved their amazing Pork Carnitas Tacos, perfectly cooked pork with crispy, caramalized edges served simply with cilantro and finely diced onion on two yummy corn tortillas.So we ordered tacos for me, Chicken Burrito plate for Kendall and he's a big guy so if that plate fills him up, well you know you're getting alot! We also ordered Chips, Salsa & Guacamole AND I had to have a Pomegranet Margarita...YUMMY!!!! All this for less than $30 with tip!!!!! I love the people who work there as they are friendly, fast and seem to enjoy working there. You can eat outdoors (at this location) on a good day and the inside seating is colorful and feels like a party! The menu offers an amazing range and has something for everyone, vegetarian or not! Food is amazing, prices are cheap and they're fast & friendly...what more do you want. Great place for families too as well !

Reviewed February 16, 2012

With the influx of taco carts into the greater Portland area, as well as Oswaldo Bibiano's 2 AMAZING Mexican restaurants (Authentica & Mextiza). I can see no reason to frequent Cha! x 3. Their food is consistently average. There are no exciting flavors going on here, I would even say Chipotle has them beat. The only reason I can think to go is if they are next to your office and you are in a hurry for lunch.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

We arrived at this restaurant after wandering up and down the Pearl District one very hot August evening. The menu here looked great so we decided to head there after the shops closed and grabbed an outdoor seat where we could sit with our dog.

The lineup, speedy and quick, was a good indicator of the food to come.

Spouse had the enchilada, heaping portion size and very fulfilling, and added a fish taco as well. I had a shrimp taco and a fish taco - both scrumptious and just the right size for me (about the size of your hand). Shrimp taco was spicy and tangy. Fish taco was hearty and delicious. I wished I had tried their margarita but didn't get a chance to. Spouse commented that this is how authentic Mexican food should taste (e.g. the kind you can only get down in LA!). We also felt that although we felt full, that the meal itself was quite light and not overly greasy or unhealthy.

Prices are very reasonable for two. Bathrooms are clean and the restaurant interior and exterior are very clean. Outside seating is quite limited, so if you have a dog, you might need to wait for an outdoor seat or tie up your pooch and take a seat inside. Line-ups were long when we were there (well, anytime between 7 - 9 pm), but the line-ups looked brisk and most were for take-out.

Overall, great taste, good prices and authentic style and flair with the menu.

1  Thank Anemone350
Reviewed July 31, 2011

The carne asada burrito was fantastic. The portions were large. The perfect place for a casual quick meal. We will be back.

Been to Cha! Cha! Cha!? Share your experiences!