“10 out of 10”
Review of El Gaucho

El Gaucho
Reserve with OpenTable
El Gaucho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 4,317 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between SW Oak & SW Stark Streets
Description: Named as "the definitive steakhouse in the country," El Gaucho Portland's award-winning menu features 28-Day Dry-Aged Niman Ranch All-Natural Certified Angus Beef(R) Brand Prime steaks and custom aged Certified Angus Beef(R) brand tenderloin filets, ribs, pork, poultry and the freshest seafood, all prepared to perfection over an open bed of glowing coals in an exhibition-style kitchen. Our extensive wine list is award-winning, and happy hour menu is widely recognized as one of Portland's best. Live music is offered nightly. El Gaucho is the Northwest's steakhouse legacy focused on old-school, tableside service. We revel in helping guests create a night to remember.
Oregon
“10 out of 10”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I dined here recently, what a treat. Love the darkly lit atmosphere, the attentive but unobtrusive waitstaff ( our server went out of her way to ensure we got exactly what we wanted, without being obvious.)The oysters were divine, the steaks perfectly cooked, the whole experience was wonderful. Can't wait to go back, NY Eve perhaps.....

“They do it right!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Ok, so I've been to El Gaucho's in Bellevue, Wa a couple of times and was not very impressed. I mean the food is always good and atmosphere fun. BUT.....

If you have never been to their Portland location....you have missed a great time. My wife and I went last night for their happy hour. Got one of the last available tables in the bar at around 5:30pm..placewas already starting to fill up. Then we met our server Sierre B. let me tell you something. This lady should open up a school on how to serve people in a restaurant and especially in places where people going to spend lots of money to eat and drink. She was fantastic and this establishment is lucky to have her.

I even joined their rewards program just because if her..... Way to go!

Portland, Oregon
“Special Occasions”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is our go to place for celebrations. Great atmosphere, food, service. Pricey but worth every penny. Caesar salad prepared table side. Go now, you won't regret it.

Visited November 2012
Eugene, Oregon
“My favorite Portland Restaurant”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Our team was done with business planning and celebrated at El Gaucho. We had the wine cellar room, 15 of us. They were very attentive to us. Appetizers, dinners, and desserts were all wonderful, everyone was raving. Be sure and order the Bananas Foster for dessert, a bit of a show and delicous. Best steak house in Portland

Visited December 2012
1 Thank bbqmaster69
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Oh daddy”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Steaks are fat and juicy like my wife. Steaks are fat and juicy like my wife. Steaks are fat and juicy like my wife. Steaks are fat and juicy like my wife. Steaks are fat and juicy like my wife. Steaks are fat and juicy like my wife.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank jake h

Been to El Gaucho? Share your experiences!