“Great food - lovely ambiance”
Review of Piazza Italia

Piazza Italia
Ranked #50 of 4,592 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Deli, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Pearl
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We sat outside on a lovely spring night. The food was so delicious! Service was fast, though a bit on the cold side. The ambiance, with the accordion player who appears to have worked there forever, and the Italian speaking wait staff, was just the right touch to bring the whole meal together. I highly recommend the starciarella (sp?) pasta. Worth venturing beyond the typical Italian menu fare.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

The food is just so perfect here! The staff is straight up Italian and they really know how to service the guests and serve up some good dishes. I love the Spaghetti Mare e Monti but I get it with the homemade parpardelle instead. So perfect! Another is Gino's favorite which is a really great carbonnara! The carafe of house wine goes perfectly too especially at the cheap price!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is my new favorite Italian restaurant. The lasagna -- my go-to dish -- was as good as I can remember eating. The house wines -- extremely reasonable -- were wonderful. All the other members of our party were equally satisfied. The server, for such a busy place, was incredibly friendly and patient. The place is packed, and justifyingly so!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

We went way out of our way to find this spot based on past trip advisor reviews and it was definitely worth the effort. The place was packed but we were able to get a table of 3 with no problem. We had 3 different pasta dishes, including the lasagna, and they were all excellent and accompanied by fresh, crusty Italian bread and olive oil dipping sauce. Save room for desserts as well. Service is a bit rushed but understandable given the crowds and their desire to turn the tables. Waitstaff was extremely friendly and helpful in recommending dishes.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Visited Piazza Italia last month based on various online reviews/ratings and I am so glad that I did! The atmosphere was casual (sports bar feel), the service was friendly, and the food was fabulous. The restaurant's location in PDX's Pearl District is great too. I had the handmade papardelle with pesto and shrimp. The noodles were cooked perfectly, the pesto was rich and flavorful, and the shrimp were very good as well. My server recommended a wine that matched my taste preference perfectly. I will definitely come here again the next time I'm in Portland.