“My new favorite”

Piazza Italia
Ranked #89 of 4,276 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Italian, Delicatessen
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Pearl
Chicago, Illinois
“My new favorite”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is my new favorite Italian restaurant. The lasagna -- my go-to dish -- was as good as I can remember eating. The house wines -- extremely reasonable -- were wonderful. All the other members of our party were equally satisfied. The server, for such a busy place, was incredibly friendly and patient. The place is packed, and justifyingly so!

• Visited June 2014

Houston, Texas, United States
“Great Homemade Italian”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We went way out of our way to find this spot based on past trip advisor reviews and it was definitely worth the effort. The place was packed but we were able to get a table of 3 with no problem. We had 3 different pasta dishes, including the lasagna, and they were all excellent and accompanied by fresh, crusty Italian bread and olive oil dipping sauce. Save room for desserts as well. Service is a bit rushed but understandable given the crowds and their desire to turn the tables. Waitstaff was extremely friendly and helpful in recommending dishes.

• Visited April 2014
Anchorage, Alaska
“Casual Atmosphere, Delicious Food”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Visited Piazza Italia last month based on various online reviews/ratings and I am so glad that I did! The atmosphere was casual (sports bar feel), the service was friendly, and the food was fabulous. The restaurant's location in PDX's Pearl District is great too. I had the handmade papardelle with pesto and shrimp. The noodles were cooked perfectly, the pesto was rich and flavorful, and the shrimp were very good as well. My server recommended a wine that matched my taste preference perfectly. I will definitely come here again the next time I'm in Portland.

• Visited May 2014
New Jersey
“Loved it!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Eleven of us had dinner here on a Friday night and the food was excellent, a bit long in coming, but definitely worth the wait. My dish was the bolognese and it was exceptional. The bread baskets and water glasses were continually refilled and freshened. Will definitely return.

Visited June 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Make Reservations- You Won't Be Disappointed”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

No matter where you stay in Portland, make your way to the Pearl District and, specifically, to Piazza Italia. It doesn't look like much from the outside- but as soon as you step in, you won't want to leave. We didn't have reservations, but luckily we arrived right when they were opening the doors (6 p.m. I think?) and we were able to get a table before another reservation. The waiters were super prompt and brought us a bread basket while we decided what to get. The food was brought out quickly. I ordered the Rigatoni Bolognese and my husband got the Linguine alle vongole. The food filled us up, but the next day we could have gotten more!

• Visited April 2014