“Stick to the Spanish coffees.”
Review of Huber's Restaurant

Huber's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Huber's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 4,292 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Stark Street
Transit: The light rail train(MAX) stop about 3 blocks from Huber's. Get off at the Oak Street station then walk 3 blocks west to 3rd Ave. We are just off Stark St. on 3rd Ave at 411 SW 3rd.
Description: Established in 1879, Huber's is Portland's Oldest Restaurant. Specializing in a traditional turkey dinner Huber's also serves Certified Angus Beef, fresh seafood, entree salads and a variety of pasta dishes. Our signature drink is Spanish Coffee prepared tableside with great flair. Enjoy dining inside the Historic Oregon Pioneer Building, pick up box lunches or have your event catered. However you choose to experience Huber's, you'll be pleasantly satisfied.
Vancouver
“Stick to the Spanish coffees.”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I took my dad here for his 92nd birthday after he mentioned that he was a regular a few decades ago and kind of missed the turkey sandwiches. We had a noon reservation and were seated in a central booth in the lovely bar. 5 stars for atmosphere.

Our waitress, however, was brusque and hurried, even though the restaurant was nearly empty when we started lunch. She slopped a huge puddle of ice tea on the table and just left it there. I had mentioned my dad's birthday when I made the reservation and our waitress let us know he could choose a free dessert. Nice. But she immediately and repeatedly began pestering us to choose one when we had barely begun eating our lunch. She brought us somebody else's leftover sandwich and left it on our table - twice! - we returned it to the host the first time.

And, sadly, the "hot" turkey sandwiches were lukewarm.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank phkadel
Hubers C, Owner at Huber's Restaurant, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
I am so sorry to hear about your experience! Customer service is very important to us and I appreciate you bringing this to my attention so that I can address it with our staff.

New York City, New York
“Try the Steak !!!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Yeah, I know I'm supposed to have the Turkey dinner, but as much as I like turkey, I have it all the time. But I hardly ever get a good steak, and certainly not a "Choice 8-ounce tenderloin seasoned with Montreal seasoning, broiled, and topped with Gorgonzola cheese gratinée and a port wine demi-glace". Wow,! Wow! I was envied by most of the 7 other people in our party. When my dinner came, they were all like " Steak? at Huber's? I am here to tell you: Yeah, Steak at Huber's. Get it now, don't wait. What are you waiting for? This steak was cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth. This is the first time I have tried Gorgonzola on steak, and now I'm a fan. I have been to all the big steak houses in PDX and this steak held up to all of them and you don't have to pay extra for your mash potatoes or broccoli. We were a party of 8 on the Saturday before Christmas and I was so impressed with the quality and service for a place that was mobbed with holiday revelers. We were seated in the front "cafe" and at first I was kind of bummed out 'cause I was hoping we were going to be seated in the original dinning room. ( FYI, if you make your reservation on Open Table or over the phone, specify which room you want a table in) but when I went to the back to powder my nose I found the original dinning room was sooo... loud and packed, it was crazy. The bar was 3 people deep next to the floor tables. So being up front in the cafe was actually the better dinning experience. I recommend that if you want to hear what people in your party are saying to you, get a table in the cafe. Our server Erin was excellent and rated extra $$ tip in addition to the 18% that they auto add for parties of our size. For the season, date and time the service from all the employees was outstanding and water and bread were non-stop. Spanish coffee: Yes, table show is great, but the drink it self is really, really yummy and perfect way to end the meal. I also had the Marion-berry Cosmo and it was not too tart or too sweet, perfect cocktail to sip while perusing the menu. Friend Mike said that they make the best Sazerac in town. Huber's doesn't just stand on it's "oldest in PDX" laurels in my book, but still delivers a great dinning experience in a town that has so many choices.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Dyanne G
Galway, Ireland
“Great brunch”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

The day we ate in Hubers it was the day of the Portland marathon, and was open for Sunday brunch (I believe it's not ordinarily open on Sundays). Food was fresh, tasty, and service was good. Can't comment on dinners or lunch, but if brunch is anything to go by, you can't go wrong. On the pricier side but good.

Northern California
“Thanks for the Memories”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I think I must have eaten my way through my current visit to Portland -

Went to dinner at Huber's with the wonder of how can they make Turkey Dinner something special. Come on - how can you make turkey roll and canned cranberry sauce special.

Boy was I wrong

If I closed my eyes I was transferred back to the best Thanksgiving Dinners of my youth. The real sliced turkey breast was tender and full of flavor - the fresh made cranberry sauce the perfect addition - resulting in that "flavor memory" - - I have to confess, I even took a piece of bread and mopped up the plate - -

I had the 3 course special - salad, turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, veggie, cranberry, bread pudding dessert - all for $20 -

Great Price Value - Great Flavor - Great Atmosphere - and GREAT MEMORIES

Thanks Guys!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Steve D
Hoover, Alabama
“Good Food, service a little disjointed”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Our server was a little bit out of sorts on this visit. The food however was outstanding and the ambiance of this historic restaurant made for a good visit and we look forward to returning the next time we take a trip to the Pacific NW. Price value was fine. I recommend the clam chowder.

• Visited August 2013