“Noble Rot Best View from Burnside”
Review of Noble Rot

Noble Rot
Reserve with OpenTable
Noble Rot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #170 of 4,404 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 11th Ave.
Transit: Burnside bus 20 Glisan bus 19
Description: Noble Rot opened in May 2002. It has gained local and national attention including the NY Times, the Wine Spectator & Gourmet. The Willamette Week named Noble Rot "Restaurant of the Year" in 2003 & Sunset Magazine named it “2009 Wine Bar of the Year”. The best way to plunge into the Rot is through the wine flights that are offered each day. They also display a large bottle selection and all the wines are available to go. Noble Rot’s highly regarded, locally sourced, seasonal food menu is made up of small plates with intense flavors. Noble Rot is perched atop the fourth floor in an award winning, environmentally sound, Leed-platinum certified building (the greenest!) which includes a fantastic west facing city view. With its outdoor patio seating, it is one of the best places in the city to watch the sunset.
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Open only in the evenings on the top floor, this spot offers the very best view of Portland from the Burnside area. The view is spectacular, and the outdoor seating in the Summer is wonderful. The menu is small and changes frequently, and features as many local items as feasible, as well as veggies and herbs grown in their rooftop garden - which is watered from their very own aquifer well! And yes, they compost the restaurant scraps, too - a very 'green' place. The selection of wines is impressive and reasonably priced, and they pour a generous glass. They offer several flights of red and white wines, and on my last visit, they also offered a sherry flight as well as some regional wine flights. We will be back!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

On a business trip to Portland, I decided to taste the cuisine that Portland has to offer. What I love about this city beside the clean, crisp air is the fact that I do not see a fast food stop at every intersection. You are compelled to support local businesses and I really appreciate that.
After a long day of working, we ventured outside the Jupiter Hotel, where we were staying and go to a highly recommended place; Noble Rot.

The atmosphere is pretty laid back, they have an awesome view of the city from their balcony, and their waitresses are very friendly!
Not only did I drink water from a 100-year-old aquifer, I had one of the best Lamb Dishes I have ever tasted in my life!
HIGHLY RECOMMEND the GRILLED LAMB SHOULDER. It was so good I couldn't even talk to my friends while I was eating. I was quiet the whole time! I just nodded politely and pointed my fork to my plate. The process was described to me prior to ordering and I can tell that these people take pride in their food. The ingredients are wholesome and organic, some straight from their rooftop garden. It's no wonder the food has so much flavor and deliciousness. It would take a lot for me to take the time and write about how fantastic this food is!

Take it from me , I am tough food critic!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

My wife and I and our son and his wife ate at Noble Rot after seeing Cirque du Soleil this past month. We had a table outside with a view towards downtown and the West Hills. Service was excellent, the wine list and suggestions were right on and the food was delightful. We sampled lamb, shrimp pasta and halibut. All were outstanding. No room for dessert. I don't know which aspect of the evening was best--service, food and view were all grand . All in all a lovely evening.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Nice menu, and I loved the wine flight option. This cozy restaurant has a great view due to its location on the fourth floor of a building. Laid back feel, but you'll need a reservation. Decent prices are an added bonus!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Impeccable and dedicated service, delicious food and mindful advise, this has been a perfect night at Noble Rot.
Being on business dinner and initially not aware where we were going, I had my own bottle of french wine, which was gently allowed to be served against the regular "opening fee".
It didn't stop us from trying the house's extensive selection of californian picks.

I'm not picky on the neighbourhood, it's actually part of what makes the experience special and I would say all to the honor of the owners to bring value to the neglected places. It didn't feel unsafe, and the view was priceless.

Definitely will recommend for any type of occasion, romance or business. All but "with kids".