“Great vegetarian selection and wonderful dessert”
Review of Pambiche

Pambiche
Ranked #78 of 4,562 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I was looking for a great dessert and heard good things about Pambiche. It was a cold night and we had to wait outside because the restaurant is very small. Nice tables outside would be great in warmer weather. We had many vegetarian choices on the menu. Lots of beans and rice but they were well done. The desserts are amazing and we got 2 to take home an enjoy.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I had heard several good reports about this restaurant so decided to try it when recently visiting out daughter in the Portland area. We were pressed right away when arriving for a late lunch by finding a waiting list including 8-10 people even though we did not arrive until nearly two in the afternoon. There are a number of outside tables which could have been available with no wait but since it was a little cool that afternoon we were willing to wait for 30 minutes to be seated inside. It was definitely worth the wait since each of the three tried something different from the extensive menu. We all agree that coming for lunch was a wonderful experience even though the wait was a little longer than expected. The experiences does not convince me to fly to Cuba but I definitely plan to return to this restaurant on a future trip to Portland.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

we came for lunch to celebrate my birthday. we began with a christal beer, and my partner had a 15 yr rum. next we had the soy rikitaki sandwich on whole wheat and the socialisit soy hash. she had the coconut/lime dessert with whipped cream. the food is always so fresh and tasty. the staff are so friendly, informative, and efficient. the cuban music lends a festive atmosphere.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

This was only my second time having Cuban food outside of Miami. We walked there from my daughter's apartment while visiting her from NJ. Our waitress was super friendly and we were fine eating outside with the outdoor heaters . You get a tremendous amount of fresh food with the platters-definitely you will take leftovers home . The drinks were so good and truly complemented the meal. Worth the wait!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Came here for lunch with our friends and their baby. My biggest gripes
1) was that they seemed very accompanying to us having a baby in the party. They were very weird about where to put the high chair and stroller. I thought that was very weird.

2) Forgot my wifes drink order

3) Forgot to bring out my appetizer.

4) Overall lunch took over two hours.

5) For a party of 4 adults and a one year old they included 18% gratuity! Seriously!

For the food: Food was good. The empanadas were nice and flaky. Overall we all liked our dishes...sadly the service left a ever lasting bad taste in our mouth.

1  Thank Patrik P