“Cafe atmosphere with lots of taste”
Review of Pambiche

Pambiche
Ranked #136 of 4,479 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love the food here. It is not real spicy but has lots of taste. The flavors are subtle and the food is quality. Oh yeah...watch out for the dessert case. It is extremely dangerous.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

You can't miss it. It's colorful and fun, right at the corner. Great outdoor seating and tons of bicycle parking that has stolen precious car parking(yay!)

As for the food, just close your eyes and slap your index finger somewhere down on the menu. Order THAT.

My two friends and I met up here while one of them was in town for a conference. One ordered a cubano(precious little cup of oil-thick espresso) and the cuban sandwich. The rest of us ordered two OTHER sandwiches. I hate to say I can't remember what they were! If you can, go for the soup and half sandwich. The whole sandwich is absolutely delicious, but you don't get to taste all the other delights they offer. You get potato sticks with your sandwich as well.

Cuban food, in its nature, is actually not very spicy at all. I like heat. But this food hit the spot. Still had a ton of flavor and texture without looking like a hot mess.

The service was fast and our drinks were always full.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Drove over from Vancouver after reading reviews and wished we'd have just stayed in Vancouver and eaten. My husbands pork dish was just plain BAD pork which we sent back and my chicken definitely wasn't fresh chicken. Should of sent that back too and after a couple of bites decided it was safer to just eat the white rice. Not much in the way of seasonings in this food, definitely not fresh and actually bland as regards flavoring and spices. One person's review I remember reading on another site actually had it right when he said a person could make better Cuban food themselves at home even if they didn't really know how by just following a recipe. Can't believe people call this good food. Very nice waitress I must say, but I didn't go there for that. I went there to eat.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

It is famous, It has a following, It has the crowds, What it does not have (for me) is the food. Chicken, rice and beans is still chicken rice and beans. But that I guess describes much of Caribbean food. If you are into that kind of thing, it is just OK and the ambiance is good Portland chic (a bit on the run-down style)

Reviewed November 30, 2012

When we plan to go out to eat, or take visitors out, this is ALWAYS our first choice. I think of it as Cuban comfort food. Wonderful tastes, lovely staff, very fair prices, great place to practice my Spanish. If there is any reservation on my part, the place is a little small, We prefer to eat outside; but, if we must eat inside, you'd better like your neighbors because they'll be right at your elbows.