“BEWARE!!! Customer satisfaction is their lowest priority!”

Flying Pie Pizzeria
Ranked #397 of 4,293 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Vancouver, Washington
“BEWARE!!! Customer satisfaction is their lowest priority!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

They lost two customers because no one, including the manager, would not accept the fact that they made an error when taking our order. Long story short, I ordered a salad bar, and unbeknownst to me, the guy charged me for a one-time salad bar instead of unlimited. So, during my first trip to the salad bar, I didn't fill my plate, assuming I would be making multiple trips. When I returned to the counter for a clean plate, a girl looked at my receipt and said I could only make one trip. When I explained that I only had a partial helping the first time through, she refused to give me a second plate unless I paid for an up-charge. I told the manager, who had no sense of customer satisfaction, to give me the opportunity to get a second small plate of salad. He said no! I would have to pay the up-charge, even though it was their fault that they wrote the order wrong and didn't ask me which one I preferred. He didn't care whether I was frustrated or upset. I felt like I was treated like a criminal who was trying to take advantage of the situation. Nothing could have been further from the truth, especially when the upcharge was only $1.75.
So, because of their rudeness and lack of a sense of understanding and trying to satisfy the customer, they lost two customers over a measly $1.75.
I hope management reads this and trains their employees to be more understanding and not so rigid. Also, I should have been asked when I initially ordered whether I wanted a one-trip or unlimited salad bar.
This may not deter others from patronizing this establishment, but it may warn them to pay attention to how they order their food; because even if the waiter makes a mistake, THE CUSTOMER WILL PAY, one way or another! Keep your customer satisfaction expectations low, and maybe Flying Pie staff can meet them.

• Visited May 2012

La Center, Washington, United States
“Family swim day”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

After a refreshing family swim we were off to the pizza baron with my daughter and son in law and another daughter in law and 4 grandchildren but to our chagrin the pizza baron was hosting a old car rally and was much much too crowded so at my daughters suggestion the flying pie was chosen as she had driven by it before, upon arriving parking is not that great but upon entering the Pizzaria it has a cozy atmosphere. We ordered two big big pizza's a vegetarian and anther sausage, pepperoni.type the arrival was quick,I noticed the crust was very thick, the vegetables on the pizza were on the crunchy side which I liked. ,overall a great pizza, and I must mention the salad bar it too was good.! So with with pitchers of diet coke and root beer our experience with the flying pie was very good,!

• Visited June 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Good pizza, reasonably priced”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The pizza at this place is delicious and for the price you can't beat it (unless you prefer cheap pizza chain delivery). My only beef is the large quantities of kids running around in there every time I'm in. I guess that's to be expected at a pizza parlor, but I'd prefer more beer and less kids.

• Visited September 2011
Medford, Oregon
“soccer day dinner”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Funky, good place for kids, great pizza pie....busy but got our pizza in good time...

Visited April 2012
Clackamas County, Oregon
“Tomato sauce on cardboard”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Too many good pizza joints in the PDX area to settle for marginal quality and taste and overpay on top of it.