“AWESOME cuisine!”

Dining options: Dinner
Portland, Oregon
“AWESOME cuisine!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I cannot even begin to say enough good about this restaurant. It's a nice cozy local neighborhood restaurant that you can come to and the host and staff make you feel truly at home and not rushed. Five-Star cuisine without having to dress up for it. Prices are very reasonable.

For about 6 years, I made it my weekly stop for either lunch or dinner. Then I moved out of the area and every time I find myself going through Portland, I always make the time to stop and enjoy this true "Portland Treasure".

1 Thank Estelle R

Austin, Texas
“Warm environment with hearty cuisine”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Each time we go to Portland, we stop a couple of time in Ya Hala. It's a place to be with family and friends; warm, full of very good food and excellent service. The Menu it's superb with a lot of choices.

Walla Walla, WA
“Uncle Tonoose would be happy to eat here.”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This one was a little out of our way but we found it. Be prepared to park several blocks away but the exercise will help prepare you for a delicious meal.
We tried the kabobs and my wife had an eggplant dish and none of us were disappointed or hungry when we finished. Their selection of baklavas and desserts was outstanding. The price was $100 for four plus the tip. We asked for mint iced tea and they accommodated us by bringing glasses of ice which we poured the hot tea over. Our waitress was very pleasant and attended to us quite well.
I would recommend the food, service, atmosphere and even the location despite the lack of parking. The patrons, however, were very snobbish and acted as though everyone else were interfering with their experiences. I guess that can't be helped in Portland but the management did a great job of making us feel welcomed.

Sacramento, California
“Pretty good.”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Pretty good place to eat. Takes a while for them to bring and finalize the check/bill so be sure to stick around for a while after.

• Visited September 2013
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Best Baba Ghanoush in Portland”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is one of our two favorite middle-eastern restaurants in Portland. The Baba Ghanoush and Hummus are absolutely the best I've ever had. There are a large number of vegetarian choices, and specials. We've tried the falafels and Arnabeet for appetizers, and for the main course, we had the Artichoke hearts special and veg stew. Everything was delicious!! We are usually stuffed with dinner, but on two occassions, we've tried their desserts, and they were delicious as well! The only problem we've ever had here on our multiple visits has been that service is a little slow, and the place is always packed, so you can expect a wait or 45mins to an hour sometimes, so plan accordingly. The food is definitely worth the wait.

• Visited October 2013