“The real thing”

Ranked #197 of 4,562 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We eat here as often as any other place and we are always satisfied. The service is excelant even when they are busy and the food is authentic and made fresh. The Vegi Meza for two is my usual order (rare to satisfy me with an all vegetarian dinner) they have a good wine list and lots of options.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

My family and friends have always been treated to a great dining experience at Ya Hala. Everything on the menu is terrific. The pita bread is hot and fresh. The tabouli, the tahini, the hummus, the entrees, all are tasty and delicious. If you love Middle Eastern food (Lebanese) you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Ya Hala has become our favorite Lebanese restaurant in town. Their hummus is creamy and the flavor changes slightly each time (which we enjoy). Their entrees are great, but lately we have been ordering mezza for dinner. I love the Fatayer Spinach pies, the grape leaves are tasty, falafel is crispy and moist. It's all good. Sometimes service can be slow but their fresh bread makes the wait more than worth it.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

This place had been highly recommended for their lamb & rice so my husband & I decided to give it a try. Started with the Stuffed Grape Leaves which tasted mostly of vinegar. I ordered the Lamb Kabobs while my husband had the Lamb Shanks. The kabobs were overcooked & somewhat dry & the shanks were without much flavor dispite swimming in sauce. The pita bread was good but certainly didn't make up for a very disappointing dinner.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We were there last Wednesday for lunch. We had first a well serve Veggie Mezza, followed by a Makloube and a Shawarma Plate, both Lamb. All with a bottle of Tillia Malbec/Syrah from Argentina. Great experience, great ambience, great food. Lebanese Cuisine in its best.

Been to Ya Hala Lebanese Cuisine? Share your experiences!