“excellent and relaxing”

Acadia - A New Orleans Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Acadia - A New Orleans Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #169 of 4,592 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2014

we hadn't been here for a couple of years, and looked forward to returning . there were 4 of us. i began with a dixie lager, and my partner had a bourgon flight. our friends had a cocktail. next we had the shrimp appetizer. a bottle of spanish wine for the 3 of them. bread and 2 seafood bisques. i had the red/white/blue creole dish with shrimp, crab, and lobster. my partner had the fried catfish and greens. our friends had the jambolaya and steak. for dessert, my partner had the chocolate tart-like with bourbon ice cream, and our fiends had a dessert drink with baileys frnagelica, and soemthing else, plus bread pudding/ice cream, and a pineapple interuppted. the whole dinner was so delicious. the server was especially helpful and friendly.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I've been to New Orleans many times, and the food at Acadia is every bit as good as in the Crescent City. The wine list is very interesting - I had my first wine from New Mexico - and the decor made me think I was in New Orleans, complete with the blue dog. My crawfish étouffée was wonderful, and, luckily, I had enough left over for another meal. Even the salad was great! My husband and I only have one regret, and that is that we live 65 miles away from Acadia. My husband had the daily special po' boy (spicy chicken), and said that it's the best he's had? It's a comfortable place to eat that happens to have very good food. Oh, they only serve lunch on Wednesday!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

What a lovely small restaurant. We did a small family get together and had a wonderful time with good food. First of all, it is small enough that a lot of people can't be accommodated, so our table of 8 was able to have a "table" conversation; we didn't have to talk only to the people of either side of us due to any noise.

We all ordered different entrees and everyone liked what they ordered. Everything definitely has a New Orleans flair (duh!), but the servers gave us great info. as to what was spicey and what was not. A fairly decent wine selection also. On-street parking only.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Four of us had dinner. Everyone chose something different and enjoyed what they ordered. The service was also good.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

A friend recommended Acadia to us and wow, I am going to listen to her from now on. We were so pleased to find this place. It is a New Orleans inspired menu with a gourmet Portland twist. There was a number of seafood items listed, plus some pasta and meat.

We started off with some green onion hush puppies and a French baguette and butter. The hush puppies were good but became memorable because of the orange-horseradish marmalade sauce. Similarly, the bread was fresh and crunchy but the butter was wonderful. We asked the server about it. She said it is simply unsalted butter that they whip and add salt to. It was so good! I typically don’t eat butter as a condiment, but I actually started eating the butter with a spoon. It was that good.

For dinner, my husband had the pork chop with apricot glaze and I had the goat cheese gnocchi with sun dried tomato sauce. Both were great. The pork chop was fantastic; I got one bite and I was amazed that as thick as it was, the flavor went all the way through. The gnocchi arrived and looked like a pasta primavera, with all sorts of veggies mixed in the sauce. The sliced jalapenos were a brilliant add.

The only disappointment to the meal was the cornbread. It was just ok, nothing great. But with the butter…

Friendly, efficient service, fun atmosphere, interesting wine list, quintessential Portland neighborhood. We’ll definitely be back.